cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC speed issues

ErnieBert
Dabbler

FTTC speed issues

New customer on FTTC, the plusnet member centre says we're connected at 78mb down but the speedtest on BTW shows:
37.7mb down
1.83mb up
This is tested using a short wired connection to the supplied router, could someone check that the line isn't being restricted for some reason.
Thanks,
Mark
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC speed issues

Hi there,
This seems to have happened due to a known issues. I should be able to rectify this by placing an order with our suppliers that should complete on the following day. Look's like there's an issue with the ordering system at the moment so I'll revisit this later for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ErnieBert
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, I'll check it tomorrow to see if it's been sorted  Smiley
ErnieBert
Dabbler

Update: speed is still the same as of 16:00 today.
ErnieBert
Dabbler

Order now seems to have gone through as the diagnostic speed test shows my IP profiles are 44.63/20 and actual results are 42.05/11.8, seems a little low considering the estimate was 58.2Mbps.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mark
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Are you able to try a <a href="http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows-7/">PPPoE</a> connection?
ErnieBert
Dabbler

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that gives the same results, see attached.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The next step would be to raise a fault via http://faults.plus.net and complete the diagnostic questions so we can take a further look into that.