cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC slow browsing issue

yellowbuddy

FTTC slow browsing issue

Recently had unlimited fibre installed and to begin with browsing speed was ok (perhaps slightly faster than adsl) with good download and upload speeds. Now whilst the down and up speeds have remained fine the browsing has become inconsistent, it quite often slows right down - sometimes pages have to be refreshed and there's even times when the page times out. It's getting to be really frustrating at times.
I'm connected by cable to BT HH5, predominantly on Mac though the issue is just the same on the Windows PC (also ethernet connected).
Any ideas on this?
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FTTC slow browsing issue

I've had a look into this for you and can't see anything that immediately stands out.
Can you connect using the Windows PC and follow this guide: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
This will help us rule out whether or not the router is causing any of the slowdowns.
yellowbuddy

Ok I have done that. At the moment it appears to be ok, but as I mentioned the problem can be intermittent so I guess I will need to just monitor it for now?
Previously I was using the Home Hub without the Openreach vdsl modem.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let us know if the issue persists and we can investigate further for you.