Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC newbie query

RossBaker
Dabbler

FTTC newbie query

Hi all,
I had FTTC installed 5 days ago and have a query regarding my speeds. With a Samsung netbook (O/S Win 7) connected directly to the router (wifi off), the best down speed has been 19 Mb, using the BT speed tester. The BT diagnostics give an IP profile of 38.71 Mb.
So, can someone offer a reason for the difference, please?
Cheers,
Ross
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTC newbie query

What does this speedtest give? http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
Specifically the comparison between the TBBx1 test and the HTTPx6 test could be interesting as I have discovered that a significantly lower HTTPx6 reading can be an indication that the CPU may be the limiting factor (quite possible on a netbook).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
RossBaker
Dabbler

Thanks for that advice, I'll give that a try.
I'm also going to connect directly into the modem with a PPPOE and see what speed I get and thereby verify the router performance.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi RossBaker,
Just let us know when you've been able to try connecting directly to the modem and we'll take things from there.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team