Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC line repair but stuck at ADSL speed

adrianflatt
Grafter

FTTC line repair but stuck at ADSL speed

Hi,
We had a faulty FTTC line and today it seems to have been repaired but it's stuck at ADSL speed! Of about 3.8mb down and not the normal mid 70mb we are use too!
please can someone take a look at the profile and fix please!
thanks
53 REPLIES 53
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC line repair but stuck at ADSL speed

Hi adrianflatt,
I've sorted that for you now, if you reboot your router that should do the trick.
adrianflatt
Grafter

Hi Chris,
We are still suffering 3mb to 3.3mb down and not the high speed, we have turned of/on all the boxes a few times now and now and s.ill stuck at this shocking speed. We should be getting 70mb as we where until last week or so when the line went down and was 'fixed' by BT. Nothing has chnaged in terms of wireless etc, imac 20cm from BT modem and airport extreme router 
Very unhappy customer! so please can you fix.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've checked our connection logs and the latest disconnection and reconnection we see is from about 14.30.
Have you tried logging into the router and clicking disconnect, then reconnect?
This should show you how to login to that if you want to give that a go: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-advanced.shtml
Failing that it would be best to raise a fault as the next step: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adrianflatt
Grafter

Hi,
Yes we have done the router reboot and yesterday did power off both the boxes - please can you help! after living with fibre  you don't want go back ADSL speed!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Run the the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. Hope it runs ok as it's been playing up lately.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
Check your Current Line speed (Login required) and copy and paste that as well (not your phone number!).
adrianflatt
Grafter

Right done done the BTw test and showed 3.04mb! when clicked Further Diagnostics button,; all had was:
“the server had internal error” etc..
The rest is:
Telephone number:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone exchange:
WOKING
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-08-01 12:44:47
Current line speed:
3.2 Mb

So please PlusNet can sort this! 2 weeks ago we had 70-80mb down.
Anotherone
Champion

It'll need someone from Plusnet to look at the BT IP Profile unless you can get the BT speedtester to run. Sometimes it will, quite a few times it won't. Plusnet are trying to kick BT about that issue though.
adrianflatt
Grafter

So please plusnet reps can you get sorted!!
Anotherone
Champion

There maybe someone on tomorrow, they are supposed to be extending their hours. But keep trying the BT speedtester now and again and if you get a result post it.
Ah, before I forget, a word about shutting boxes off an on. Fibre DLM can be very aggressive at times. You should log in to the router and disconnect your PPP Internet session first, wait a minute or so then turn it off. Wait a minute or so and then power down the modem. I would leave it off for at least an hour. When you power up the modem, wait for it to sync up first and all the lights settle before turning on the router. Then log in to the router and click Connect to re-establish an Internet PPP session, BUT it's always best to turn on in daylight hours.
If you are not going to use the connection overnight, and you haven't switched things off in the last 24 hours, you could try turning off tonight and turn on tomorrow in daylight hours - unless you get a good profile back from the BT tester tonight.
adrianflatt
Grafter

could someone fro plusnet please attend to this is morning?
The line can have 70-80 speed, we pay for this and have had this speed for the last year+ now... line was broken, BTo fixed, but at sub ADSL speed. Really not interested in all your excuses as to line profile etc etc.
Today we want a working line back to how to it was 2 weeks ago.
adrianflatt
Grafter

this is the summery from you stats:
Phone exchange:
WOKING
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-08-01 12:44:47
Current line speed:
2.9 Mb
also I can not find your suprort ticket anymore someone has closed it!!!! do you really think 2.9mb line speed is right on 80mb line and been usebale  of this good speed for last year?
adrianflatt
Grafter

Is there anyone from plusnet interested in dealing with this matter today please?
Anotherone
Champion

This very bad that no-one picked this up today. Did you find the support ticket? You can look through closed ones if it has been closed.
adrianflatt
Grafter

No did not look over - really i would like my line fixed so can the people that i pay £'s (plusnet) please please please sort/look into this today for me?