cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC installed - how long before speed increases?

chesterfield
Grafter

FTTC installed - how long before speed increases?

Hi,
The engineer has been and gone, FTTC installed - but speed tests seem to indicate im stuck at 10mb.  Dos anyone know how long it may be until I should se this pick up?
Also, how can I see the sync speed on the plusnet fttc router?
Many thanks in advance Smiley
21 REPLIES 21
chesterfield
Grafter

Re: FTTC installed - how long before speed increases?

Im going to assume there is an ip profile issue somewhere, as I had a nice 10/12mb connection on ADSL2, and im getting speed tests os 8mb on FTTC.  Upload has gone yo 8mb too though, so thats a positive.  Any ideas how long this should take to be up and runing as I would expect?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
There is, yes - basically due to last night's maintenance, the account change script hasn't run yet so your account still thinks you're on ADSL2+. I'm chasing this for you now, I'll update as soon as the change is done.
As for the sync, unfortunately you can't see this in the router as it's the modem that makes and maintains the connection to the exxchange.
chesterfield
Grafter

Thanks for the update.  Ive busied myself with figuring out how to get all the stuff I had connected back up and running again.  I was using my previous ADSL router as the dhcp server with firewall rules for stuff like the cctv and other servers around the home.  Plus the PN wireless router didnt quite have the signal strength to reach to some areas of the house, so have had fun setting up another wireless access point to mimick the previous router setup.  All fun stuff.
If you could let me know when the ip profile has been reset that would be much appreciated.  Upload now on a wired connection just over 18mb, so at least that should improve the working from home speed Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Upped your profile on your account to 21000 to get you best possible speed, hope it improves things in the mean time, and I will of course update you regarding the account change.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why 21,000 surely if he is on 80/20 with almost full upstream speed it should be 79,000 or can't you do that when the system thinks he is still on ADSL2+
chesterfield
Grafter

Thanks again for the update.  Can see its now downloading at the 21mb.  Im off to the office now, hopefully the account change will have been pushed through by the time I get home.
Your help is much appreciated Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Oldjim
why 21,000 surely if he is on 80/20 with almost full upstream speed it should be 79,000 or can't you do that when the system thinks he is still on ADSL2+

The latter. Believe it or not, if I could have upped the speed to 80000 I would have Wink
adambro

I believe I may have the same issue. FTTC installed about 24 hours ago and profile on Plusnet members page seems stuck at 15Mb. Seems the BRAS profile is closer to 56Mb. If someone could have a quick look that would much be appreciated.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All accounts that were due to change today won't have as a result of what I mentioned above, though I'll update as soon as we do find out any more about what's happening.
@adambro your account type has changed already, I've bumped the profile for you - hope it's improved things?
adambro

Thanks for the prompt response Matt. I'll have to wait till later to test.
chesterfield
Grafter

Just a thought, but will this slight hiccup in any way affect the training period that I presume Im now in?
Dhaos
Grafter

fttc doesnt have a  training period
adambro

@Matt
Can confirm that's done the trick for me. Now getting around 55Mbps down which fits with what I was seeing for the BRAS profile. Thanks again.  Smiley
chesterfield
Grafter

Off home - hoping to be pleasantly surprised with new found speeds of Fttc when I get home Smiley
No pressure.  Grin