cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC frequent disconnects and slow speeds.

Axolotl
Grafter

FTTC frequent disconnects and slow speeds.

My 80/20 FTTC has been stable for years, running in the high 50's kbps downstream and about 11 upstream until the last few weeks when it started showing a lot of lost packets (via Thinkbroadband.com's quality monitor). Then it has started disconnecting and reconnecting very quickly at random times of the day and night.

Sometimes I get a new IP address when this happens, sometimes the IP stays the same. Over the last week, disconnects are running at 5 to 10 a day and my downstream speed (IP Profile) is down to 45, upstream speeds are erratic. Guaranteed minimum speed is 42 Mbps download.

I tried reporting a fault via the online troubleshooter, which said you'd run some tests and get back, but I have had no confirmation of a ticket and can't find a way to update details of what is happening.

Can a Plusnet support person investigate this via this forum please?

Also, is there a way to see active tickets etc. now or has that gone the way of online chat?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTC frequent disconnects and slow speeds.

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your connection. I can see you've indeed raised a ticket (ref: 223446479) through the Broadband Troubleshooter and that's logged a fault with our suppliers as line tests had failed. 

You can view all open (and closed) tickets here > https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Ideally this link should be on the forefront of your account in the summary tab when there's an open ticket, but there's an issue which we're actively investigating to fix that so the "view open question" banner is shown again.

I've checked the fault report with our suppliers and it looks like we've got to arrange an engineer to take a closer look. Could you drop a reply onto the ticket with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back afterwards to let me know, I can make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as possible. 

For future ref, we've got a relatively new and shiny tool where you can text us from a mobile and it'll arrange an engineer with you automatically if there's a fault found, or it'll put your texts into a queue for someone to aim to call you back within 15 mins. More info on how to here > https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Axolotl
Grafter

Anoush, thanks for this. I have replied to the ticket with my availability.

Two disconnects so far today. IP profile 45.39 down, 20 up, but upstream throughput is down below 10 Mbps now. "All over the place" to use a technical term.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers, no worries. I've booked the engineer visit and I've updated the ticket 223446479 with the appointment details.

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet