Was fine when it went in ... now my upload is 8.12 and my download is 5.03
Highspeed Broadband control panel reports:
Phone exchange:
   CHELTENHAM
Estimated line speed:
   30Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2012-12-29 13:39:20
Current line speed:
   5.3 Mb

I'm going to try rebooting my kit ... if that doesn't fix it I'm raising a ticket.
18 REPLIES 18
CX
Grafter

Re: FFTC ... epic fail??

Was your ADSL speed around 5Mbps?
You may have the same issue I had - one last ADSL-related delta report came in approximately 2 days after the fibre was activated. In another 2 days, a faster delta report should arrive with the correct speed, or alternatively, as Plusnet to bump it.
To check, run the BTWholesale Performance Test, including the further diagnostics after the first set of tests:
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
At the end, it will give you your current IP profile. Your Plusnet profile needs setting to match that.
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: FFTC ... epic fail??

My download was nearly 38M on Friday.
Rebooted it all - it stalled at "Unable to connect to concentrator" or something like that.
Finally reconnected.
Speedtest net reports:

BT Speedtester on that URL says 5.06
The advanced diagnostics report reports my downstream profile is 40 MB:

This is a total joke.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: FTTC ... epic fail??

Try now Steve?
It'll probably need a disconnect/reconnect (don't reboot) from within the router admin pages.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SteveA
Pro

I'm loathed to reboot it again in case I don't get back on... I'm on call tonight and dont want to have to end up tethering my mobile phone.
Something somwhere is broken.
Both BT box and Thomson box powered down and left to stand before I did the last tests.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

a disconnect and reconnect in your routers interface won't drop the dsl signal, but would pick up any profile change Chris may have made and swap to a different gateway.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend

It should now be back at high speed (it was pretty much spot on what CX said), however it'll need a disconnect/reconnect to get back on. As long as you do it from within the router, you won't get the concentrator not reachable error either.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SteveA
Pro

27 down
6.9 up
Currently on pcl-ag01.
BUT I re ran it and got 39 down and 4 up... Can't run the advanced BT test - says I'm not logged on as the right user.
Speedtest.net now reporting:

SteveA
Pro

Seems to be all over place.
Can I therefore assume that PN have a problem with overloaded gateways again?
Chris
Legend

There is a network issue at the moment, it's not overloaded gateways though. We're seeing errors between 2 pieces of network kit that the guys are trying to pin down and fix along with the hardware vendors.
SteveA
Pro

OK thanks.
FoxHound
Dabbler

Nice to hear you folks are on the warpath I hope it's not a nightmare to fix, I too am suffering from the problem on the pcl-ag02 gateway. Thou I don't want to do no fiddling as I just got it installed today, hope things get worked out.
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Welcome to Plusnet super fast fibre! No it's not funny I'm in a similar problem though mine is fine between the hours of  23:00 to 6 pm weekdays and 2 am till 3pm weekends which is useless for me because I'm at work,I get as low as 0.4 meg download but my upload seems to hardly suffer,it's been like this since Plusnet went unlimited,though I've talked to them today and hopefully I can go back to trusty 1.5 mb adsl.so bye Apple TV and Netflix . I couldn't get the test 3 to work even with the username given as once you apply it on the router you have no connection!,hope you get sorted soon as it stinks paying £20 a month for an unusable service! Sad
Chris
Legend

These network issues started just over a week ago, so if you've been having problems longer than that, and outside of the times others are reporting then I'm leaning towards this being a fault on your circuit rather than the same problem. Have you been through the faults process?
FoxHound
Dabbler

Quote from: xxtrickzxx
Welcome to Plusnet super fast fibre! No it's not funny I'm in a similar problem though mine is fine between the hours of  23:00 to 6 pm weekdays and 2 am till 3pm weekends which is useless for me because I'm at work,I get as low as 0.4 meg download but my upload seems to hardly suffer,it's been like this since Plusnet went unlimited,though I've talked to them today and hopefully I can go back to trusty 1.5 mb adsl.so bye Apple TV and Netflix . I couldn't get the test 3 to work even with the username given as once you apply it on the router you have no connection!,hope you get sorted soon as it stinks paying £20 a month for an unusable service! Sad

Ah that's terrible :'(, I hope you can get that fixed or switched back without any hassle. I'm not to bothered atm because they are working to fix it so just gotta sit tight.