cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC drop in speed

garywood84
Rising Star

Re: FTTC drop in speed

Thanks, Chris.  My speed still hasn't improved, and it's almost at a point where it's not worth my paying for the Fibre Extra package (as opposed to Fibre). 
If I raise a ticket, can you change my DLM profile from "Standard" to "Speed" to improve things?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@garywood sadly There are no such options on fibre like there are on ADSL your stuck with what you have until DLM chooses to change that  and that's if it chooses to do anything at all, as i said in a previous post here it's been two months plus for me with no change despite everything being clear to do so, It's a very very long annoying waiting game.   
garywood84
Rising Star

@terranova667 - According to <a href="http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/fibretothecabinet/fttc/downloads/GEA_FTTC_4.pdf">this BT Wholesale fact sheet</a>, and information I've read elsewhere, there are 3 FTTC DLM profiles available from BTw, and ISPs can choose how to provision each customer.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Yes, there are, they are called 'Policies'. Depending on which policy you're set to, will depend on how quickly DLM reacts/makes changes to your line.
They are called:
Standard, Stable and Super Stable - that's what BT Wholesale call them anyway.
garywood84
Rising Star

Thanks, Chris. So how do those Plusnet labels match the BTw ones in their briefing document in my link above?  And how can I get my line changed to Speed?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi garywood84,
Our naming should align in the same order as BT so we have Standard, Stable and Super Stable which equates to BT's Standard, Stable and Speed.
Unfortunately we don't really offer the ability for customers to switch between these at the moment as it is a manual process in order to configure an order and then raise a request through to the supplier for the changes to be made.
In addition to this there are also risks involved with moving between the different options as a line may not be able to support the change up in the bandings and could well suffer a fault as a result of this which is another reason why we're not keen on offering these types of alterations.