cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC date has disppeared - should I be worried

paulpicks21
Grafter

Re: FTTC date has disppeared - should I be worried

Just to report back as it's good news for me.
I checked BT's website today and the date has changed from 31st March to available now!

I phoned Plusnet a short while ago and the order has now been placed, engineer booked for a week today Smiley

Paul.
bomster
Grafter

My exchange is still 20CN. Where is the best place(s) to find up to date information on when it will be updated?
x47c
Grafter

put your exchange name/village name postcode whatever's best  into this
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
CraigBruce
Dabbler

..and surprise, surprise, as the 31st March FTTC date for my LWTWI connected line approaches.....BT move the goalposts again. Now showing June - 9 months slip so far. Surely there is some element of advertising misrepresentation going on here from BT ?  I may need to dig out the paperwork for the latest Virgin Media offer
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yes CraigBruce They did the same for me today as well  Undecided damn annoying 4th time now date has changed , moved from 31march now 30JUNE FFS !!!
surely there must be somewhere to complain to or are we just at the whim of Mr BT !!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
CraigBruce
Dabbler

As the originator of this thread I thought I'd keep it alive with the thrilling news that my FTTC date has slipped by a further 3 (projected) months...yay, Happy Birthday BT FTTC projections, thats it moved from Sept '11 all the way to Sept '12 in 3 months increments. The frustrating thing is that what appears to be the new cabinet has been sitting, installed right next to the old cabinet for some months....so presumably any delays in the process are all within BT's camp rather than any external influences such as planning permission.
Grr.....
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I presume you are checking here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Noticed today my exchange date has changed from June 2012 to December 2012 Cry
I saw no work going on around my area, so wasn't surprised it had been delayed - but 6 months Undecided
Y2J
Grafter

Green FTTC cabinet been at the top of my road for over a year now, adsl checker says september now.
What a joke, do they want to make money or not?
Trevor
Grafter

Now that really is depressing! Our cabinet went in at the beginning of this month and I thought this meant they were well on schedule for  September 2012.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Not seen any cabinets around my way.
I'm so sad, that I pass my exchange on the way driving to the supermarket, and I was looking at the streets around there too.
Annoying as a few people at work have recently got it, and all you hear is how great it is Sad
paulpicks21
Grafter

Sorry to hear of all the set backs for you Craig.
I posted a few times on this thread, the last one was before I got it installed, glad to say all went according to plan, I had the 40/2 service for a few weeks, then went on a 40/10 trial and a week later went on to the 80/20 trial.
I have been pretty fortunate, slowest I get is 75/16.
I wish you all the best on your conquest for Fibre, and hope to see you update this thread with good news sometime soon.

Paul.