cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - date for "fibre multicast" availablilty but not for basic fibre?

lozhurst

FTTC - date for "fibre multicast" availablilty but not for basic fibre?

Hi folks,
I've been waiting with bated breath for ages for BT to get FTTC for my house to hopefully address my appalling speed (who'd have thought moving from the back of beyond to England's second city would result in 2/3rds drop in broadband speed?!).
The exchange went to "accepting orders" a couple of months ago and I know that it takes a while for the cabinets in the area to get sorted too so I've been patiently sticking my number in bt's dslchecker.bt.com hoping for a date to appear.
This is where I get confused:  Today a new item has appeared "Fibre Multicast" with an availability date of "31-March-2014", which in of itself is fine but there is NO entry on the list for FTTC availability.  I assume that FTTC is a prerequisite for multicast over it(!).  Anyone know why I'd have an availability for multicast but not bog-standard fibre?
Thanks,
Laurence
2 REPLIES 2
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: FTTC - date for "fibre multicast" availablilty but not for basic fibre?

Same for my exchange it is showing as Multicast where FTTC is available as of this June, I just can't afford it.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FTTC - date for "fibre multicast" availablilty but not for basic fibre?

For my line Fibre Multicast has been added, but there's also a WBC Fibre entry at the top. Availability date for both is 31-May-2014.
The fibre cabinet is yet to be installed (a planning application has been submitted). A month ago the rusty PCP enclosure was replaced. The exchange began accepting orders in March this year.
David