Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC connection

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

FTTC connection

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this on there FTTC connection but the problem im getting is the main router is changing it's ip address all the time yet the openreach modem does'nt lose connection the router im using is a netgear WNR2000 but it also happens with the netgear WNR1000 (plusnet supplied router) it's almost as if its being kicked off the gateway then reconnects but also i have noticed the IP profile has dropped on the fttc conection where as it used to be at 74 to 75Mbps but now at 68 using JackDinns auto speed tester the download speed is showing 59Mbps i don't know if it is possible to have the fttc line profile reset .Though it's not been quite right since openreach dug the road outside mine last week to repair the neighbours line and the openreach engineer knocked out my line completely and had to tell him what he'd done .

James
5 REPLIES 5
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Re: FTTC connection

To add to this i have tried a direct connection into the openreach modem and this is the speed test result  this is only since openreach dug up outside to repair a neighbours line the other week. Normally my IP Profile is around 75 - 76Mbps  something clearly is not right somewhere yet the plusnet profile is showing 68Mbps
Bt speedtest result
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet profile is correct for the BT IP profile, if it remains slow then raising a speed fault with Plusnet is probably your best course of action.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Fault been raised ticket #61842264  though the problem has only occured since openreach dug up outside and hit my phone line causing loss of service but came back in within an hour im wondering if open reach have switched my good line for my neighbours crap line since openreach was doing something to the next door neighbours line.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Thanks for raising the fault, our agents will get on that and get back to you as soon as you can. Regarding the line swap I suppose this might be possible but there have been no changes to your line details so it's more likely that the cable break was repaired (which could lead to greater interference on the line) rather than the wiring replaced. Either way the fault should get to the bottom of it.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Further speed test this evening