cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC availability in Manchester city centre

Superhans

FTTC availability in Manchester city centre

Probably been answered already but now 'NGA enquiries' has gone, how do I escalate an FTTC query?
My exchange (Manchester central) has been accepting order for ages but I'm not seeing evidence of cabinets being upgraded. Oddly all my mates in the city centre are in the same situation (various locations from the green quarter to Ancoats). I've done some spot checks on the DSL postcode checker and I can't find anywhere with FTTC enabled?!
So, is thee anything I can do besides twiddling my thumbs? Would writing to Councillors achieve anything?
Telephone Number ### on Exchange CENTRAL is served by Cabinet 17
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 13 -- 11 to 14.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 13 Up to 1 11 to 14.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2  -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2  -- -- Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FTTC availability in Manchester city centre

is that from your phone number as it says fibre is available
Superhans

It's an apartment block so I guess that's why it's saying FTTP on demand is available. Most of this area of Manchester is converted Mills and new build apartment blocks,  which have probably been built/renovated within the last 5 years. Could the local increase in population have outstripped the capacity of the telecom infrastructure, hence the apparent delays?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It also says standard FTTC is available
Superhans

What, the 'Fibre Multicast'? As far as I know this does not equate to FTTC being available..?
Another weird thing I've noticed is that if I use the address checker (as opposed to the number checker) then my flat doesn't appear in the list and all other flats I click on are connected to Cabinet 41 on the Central exchange (no FTTC availability there either). It looks like I may be the only flat in the building connected to a different Cabinet! I think I was the first person to move in so that might be why.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Fibre multicast - just checked and I am perhaps wrong although there are more conflicting statements than  clarification  Embarrassed
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Superhans,
I've had a look and there isn't a planned date for FTTC on your line which means that unfortunately we cannot confirm when FTTC is scheduled to be available to you.
I would suggest registering interest here: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Just to clarify, Fibre Multicast is not the same as FTTC.