cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Speeds are half of Line Sync

NXSmiggy

FTTC Speeds are half of Line Sync

Hey everyone, having a small issue with my service.
joined plusnst from sky , and signed up for the FTTC Fiber unlimited  product.
I was connected up yesterday and after 12 hours ran a speed test and got around 38.9mbps
This morning I have ran the BT Wholesale speed checker (img2) and have worse numbers, even though my max sync speed is over 77mbps
I have power cycled the modem trying to get it to re-sync but the 2nd test came out at a lower speed than the first.
How long should I be waiting to get my estimated speeds of 66.6mbps as tbh I find getting under half of that a bit unacceptable.
I have read the speed guide and ran all the tests / suggestions and now i'm out of ideas
thanks for all the help Smiley

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FTTC Speeds are half of Line Sync

what does this say https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed for current line speed and were those tests wired or wireless
According to the IP profile you are synched at 80Mbps
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.
I've had a quick look over your connection and I can't see any reasons for the poor speeds
Can you go through the troubleshooter below and raise a fault so we can investigate further?
https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
Any further issues please give us a shout
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NXSmiggy

IGNORE ME
Sorry, after a 7 hour drive from london to nevcastle last night im still apparently asleep and forgot that my Media Center (where i ran the test) was running though a 400mbps denovo homeplug which killed the speed. Ran it on Ethernet through my laptop and got 76mbps down and 10mbps up.
total noob mistake I know, so now i have to find someway of running a cat6 cable through the house without tearing up floors or drilling holes.
Joys lol
Thank you so mush for your quick reply's guys Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted in the end!
If there's anything else we can help with please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NXSmiggy

yeah, only thing I need to do now is replace the plusnet router with the new asus one i have ordered Wink
jim:quote