cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Speed locked to old property speed?

jamch
Dabbler

FTTC Speed locked to old property speed?

Did a house move with Fibre and was told by the engineer on the install that I should be getting the full 40MB speed - however speed tests haven't got over 15MB (which incidentally around the fibre speed I was achieving at my old property - however now i'm much closer to the green cabinet) - is there something that needs to be done on my account that will 'unlock' the full speed?
Here are the results from the BT Speed checker:

Thanks for any help.
7 REPLIES 7
jamch
Dabbler

Re: FTTC Speed locked to old property speed?

In addition - Plusnet report of current line speed - this hasn't changed and was set to this at my old property:
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The Plus Net profile (current line speed) needs updating, this will be slowing you down to below 19Mbps, the 'correct' figure should be 37Mb.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jamch
Dabbler

Quote from: walker23
The Plus Net profile (current line speed) needs updating, this will be slowing you down to below 19Mbps, the 'correct' figure should be 37Mb.

Thanks for the info - that would explain it..
Whats the best way about doing this?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately we can't see the images as we don't have dropbox access from the office. Can you attach them to your post?
When creating a post click the  Additional Options and Attachments... link and you can upload directly to the forums.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamch
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Unfortunately we can't see the images as we don't have dropbox access from the office. Can you attach them to your post?
When creating a post click the  Additional Options and Attachments... link and you can upload directly to the forums.

I've attached the images to this post.
Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, I've tweaked your profile on our systems. What speeds are you seeing now?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamch
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Thanks, I've tweaked your profile on our systems. What speeds are you seeing now?

Hi Chris,
Much better about 28mb - will see if this settles over the next few days.
Thanks