Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Speed halved

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTC Speed halved

Does this involve a 'physical hack' on the ECI?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mikehiow
Grafter

It does indeed. You need to gain access to the serial console to enable telnetd. The software then runs on a bog standard web server.
mikehiow
Grafter

Well I seem to have solved the issue by moving the router. I just need to figure out whether it's the cable, PSU or something else near it that was causing interference.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Good news then.  Smiley
Do any of your pretty graphs show anything significant when comparing before and after?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mikehiow
Grafter

Mine don't because I had stopped logging it after a couple of months - I didn't get time to finish the really useful stuff.
I've since started using a HG612 for which there is already software out there to monitor it, and that's very useful. I'll give you two examples.
The massive negative spike in SNR margin at around 9am shows the reason for a resync I experienced.

This one shows me instantly that moving my router back to the master socket has likely cured the source of my issues. Attenuation drops massively and the Upstream U0 band drops out of requirement completely (generally not needed on good, short lines).

I'm likely to stick with the HG612 for now, but I did write my software with supporting other modems in mind, so I may get it working with the HG612 (as I have tried and tested stats to compare to) and then start to mimic some more functionality of what I'm using currently. I only tend to have a Linux machine running 24/7, but at the moment I'm having to keep my Desktop PC running all the time to log it as it's only available for Windows.
mikehiow
Grafter

For anyone that is interested in how DLM adjusts your line, my line re-synced at 0630 this morning and came back up with a sync of 73999, just 36 hours since resolving the issue.
Hopefully it'll go the rest of the way to 80/20 over the weekend, otherwise I'll just ask for a DLM reset.
If a Plusnet support team member sees this before my support ticket, could you give my Plusnet profile a nudge - it's still at 58mbps.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, just bumped your profile to 71600 as that's what we're seeing on the BT side - hope that improves things, and really glad to hear that the speeds are back up Smiley
mikehiow
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
mikehiow
Grafter

Sync has now recovered to 79999 on it's own.
Could someone give my PN profile a nudge please. It hasn't updated (BTW one has).