Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Speed Issues with old provider, moved to Plusnet still exist

jtankard
Dabbler

FTTC Speed Issues with old provider, moved to Plusnet still exist

Hi Plusnet,
I logged a support ticket with your faults team, ref is 85265448. I used to be with ADSL24 and for many months my fttc connection was rock solid with a ip profile of 36 and throughput of around 34/35ish. Literally over one night the connection dropped to ip profile of 27 and stayed like that again for around three months then, no warning dropped to ip profile 25 ish which is where it is at today, we have no line extensions in the house the only thing plugged in is the btor modem and then a cat 5 cable which runs to a Draytek 2820 router. ADSL24 ran tests and said there was a fault on the line then it was a fault with the modem but they never sorted it out which is why I moved to you guys. The last update is you have been performing tests but I have not heard anything else.
Is there anyway we can try get my speed back? When the original btor engineer installed my line he said it was a good clean line and I would be able to get around 35 sync which I was for many months.I went to the extreme to pay for an engineer myself to come out and he said there was nothing wrong at our house end and would need my isp to take it further.
Again, cause I have a locked down modem from openreach I can't see any stats I'm afraid. Even the BT wholesale page says on a bad line I should be able to get 23 sync and on a good line 32 to 35ish which is where I was for many months.
Kind regards John.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTP Speed Issues with old provider, moved to Plusnet still exist

Hi there,
Just to mention first to save any potential confusion for others (rather than being pedantic) you don't have FTTP, it's FTTC but I'll let you off as it's obviously a very similar piece of terminology. Smiley
Regarding your issue I can see that the connection was dropping towards the start of the week which seems to have caused DLM to react and lower the IP profile.
This usually resolves as DLM should bring the speeds back up within the next few days. If that doesn't happen for some reason please report a fault with us here: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jtankard
Dabbler

Re: FTTC Speed Issues with old provider, moved to Plusnet still exist

Hi Adam,
My fault sorry... Ment to put fttc, the dropping was probably me when I was trying to get the connection on with yourselves. This is not just a happened this week issue, it's been going on for months, ADSL24 said there were issues but they never seamed bothered to sort as long as they were getting their money which is why I swapped to yourselves. When I signed up with Plusnet I informed them of the issues before I jumped ship and the advisor even said they speed looked a little low, he then advised to get moved over to you and then you (Plusnet) would investigate once you were my isp. I have already raised a fault and they said allow 24 hours for testing but no one has come back to me. My speed just keeps dropping although the upload remains very solid.
One thing I would like to clear up, is it dropping the pppoe connection or the openreach modem that causes the BT equipment to lower the sync?
Regards John.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Speed Issues with old provider, moved to Plusnet still exist

Hi John,
I did spot you'd mentioned the issue with your old provider but didn't want to assume it's the same issue, as it doesn't sound like things have changed much from what you've said I'd get that reported using the link in my last reply ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team