cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Questions

mikelally
Grafter

FTTC Questions

I've taken out an order for FTTC with the BT engineer down to visit next wednesday 13th. At the moment I'm on ADSL2+ G.992.5 Annex A. I noticed two posts i my closed messages that seem strange. One seems to be suggesting the new router order has been cancelled? and the other confirming a move to the 21C network ( I thought I was already on that) with completion before midnight on the 14th - the day after the Bt engineer visits. Can you please explain these two messages a bit better.
Thanks
Mike
57 REPLIES 57
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FTTC Questions

As far as I know fibre isn't supported on 20CN so you would need to be moved to 21CN as part of the process of getting fibre
I don't know about the router unless they are sending you the later version which is the TG582n
mikelally
Grafter

Hi Oldjim
You were quick off the mark there!
I just edited my question, I should have said that I was being transferred to 21CN but I thought I was already on that as I have a G922.5 connection.
Mike
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You must already be on 21CN/ADSL2+ as 20CN does not support G992.5.
I suggest you either ring support or raise a ticket asking PN to explain the two tickets and to make sure you are getting a new router as your current one will not work on FTTC.
mikelally
Grafter

THanks for the advice. Support ticket 56260671 raised.
Mike
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI mikelally,
the comment about 21CN is standard when a modify order is placed to fibre and there is a fibre router queued on your account.
Jojo Smiley
mikelally
Grafter

Thanks Jojo
Mike
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Mike,
The issue of the hardware notification is a problem. I've spotted a couple of issues and this looks to be a race condition.
We have created a hardware contract on your account correctly (you will see this as the service notice next to the one your uploaded). You may note that the notices are also out of order. It is meant to show them sorted in one direction, but these two are displayed in reverse order.
From the investigation I have performed, it seems that circumstances of a prior hardware on your account is a potential source of this. As I have no other examples, I can't confirm that but I also have not located any others doing the same incorrect notice.
I have raised problem 71634 related to this.
mikelally
Grafter

HI Phil
I had the same problem this time last year when I changed to ADSL2+ Again the order seemed to sit as "Not Ordered" for weeks before Jojo intevened for me and started the order moving. At that time I wasn't too concerned because I already had a useable router.
Mike
prichardson
Grafter

I had spotted that as I needed to go back into the history.
That was an unrelated issue and all the timing data I can see suggested that the required automatic notification did not trigger the hardware order.
This one here is most certainly an issue. The IDs should always read (to us internally anyway) in a descending order, but these specific two are in reverse order (all others are fine).
Although I can't see the code, there is some logic that is triggering both notice types, when it should only generate the one for your circumstances.
mikelally
Grafter

Software may not be intelligent but it certainly has a sense of humour!
Mike
mikelally
Grafter

I've just posted a question 56512382 on the help & support page confirming that the BT engineer booked for this afternoon to complete the move to fibre did not turn up and I had no contact from BT all day. Just a thought for Phil, the same problem that cancelled my router order didn't cancel the engineer visit as well did it?
Miserable wasted day
Mike
prichardson
Grafter

Looking at this, the task closure code suggested the engineer attempted to visit.
Further checks then say the engineer was asked to close the task by his control team. Unfortunately some of the notes are not available automatically, so I am trying to obtain them via alternate means.
prichardson
Grafter

I've tried to give you a call after getting details on the situation, but there has been no answer.
We need to re-appoint based on normal availability (get a standard appointment), then we can work with our suppliers to bring this forward.
mikelally
Grafter

Hi Phil
Thanks for your efforts. I can confirm that I was at home all day yesterday and no BT engineer called. I have just received an update from my question saying an alternate date of June 27th has been provisionally booked. Unfortunately I am away on business that day but as I am away on holiday next week maybe that is the best week. I am available Monday 25th 1 - 6, Tuesday 26 all day, Thursday and Friday 28th and 29th all day. The best number to get me on is my mobile number.