cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - PPPoE question and Order Progress

CX
Grafter

FTTC - PPPoE question and Order Progress

I am due to get FTTC installed on Monday. The new Plusnet router hasn't arrived yet (should it?), but I intend to use my existing Draytek router long term.
Currently the Draytek is set up as a router only with a separate ADSL modem connected to the WAN port. Will the Openreach VDSL modem plug swap in place of the ADSL modem and work with the same settings or does anything need changing?
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: ADSL to FTTC - PPPoE settings the same?

By the sounds of things, it will probably work without you having to change anything.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

CX
Grafter

Great, thanks for your reply.
Could somebody from Plusnet please confirm for me that a BT visit has been booked for Monday? I had a product change in between me ordering fibre and the activation date, and I haven't heard anything from Plusnet since, nor have I received the new router. (just so I have chance to cancel my day off if something has gone wrong)
1999Force9

Ahem..
This sounds like me last Thursday...
Had my fibre install booked for last Friday from before Christmas, if you haven't had any contact from Plusnet yet or a router delivered your order probably hasn't been processed further than billing you.
This may be an issue...
They rebooked mine for this Friday and gave me a 25% discount for 3 months (after a bit of discussion) I'd get on the phone first thing tomorrow!
CX
Grafter

Re: ADSL to FTTC - settings query and order progress

That is concerning.  Undecided
CX
Grafter

Re: ADSL to FTTC - settings query and order progress

I didn't want to open a support ticket as I had already asked the question here, but is that what I'm going to have to do?
grumpy16

Re: FTTC Order Progress

Given my experience yesterday, I'd call and get them to check with the Provisioning Team that BT haven't actually cancelled the engineer but not told anyone. I wasted my afternoon off yesterday waiting for an engineer that never turned up. I even phoned PlusNet support about 5pm to check, and they couldn't see a problem with the order, and advised me the engineer would definitely still be coming.
It was only when they checked with the Provisioning Team when I called a 2nd time, at around 6.30pm, that the mistake was discovered.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Everything's booked in for you on Monday, there's actually no router ordered on your account!? I see that you mentioned using your Draytek one, is that still the case, if not I can get one shipped out for you.
CX
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks, that's great then.
As for the router, yes, I believe that I did order one. I am going to use the Draytek, but want the Plusnet router there as a backup in case of failure.