cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Order seems to have failed ... anyone else had this?

vapourmike
Dabbler

FTTC Order seems to have failed ... anyone else had this?

Hi,
I ordered DSL a few weeks ago (activated on 28th), but 3 days after I ordered the FTTC became live 3 weeks earlier than expected, so on the 29th I order FTTC to be installed on the 9th June so I can do my work from home (web developer/designer so need the speed as only 6mb atm), shortly after placing the order I got an email to say thank you for the order, engineer booked etc etc, then an hour later I got one stating there was a problem with the order but they will resolve it and if they can't then I will hear back, if I don't hear back then consider it ok.
Anyway I havn't heard a thing since so on Sunday I opened a ticket at 10pm approx and have only just heard back to say there is no FTTC order!!! now I've booked the 9th of June which I can't unbook now, so will the engineer still come on the 9th? or have I lost a days holiday and have to go longer with no FTTC??
I would wait for a reply on the ticket, but over 48 hours for a reply is a bit unsettling as I'm a new customer, is this is a sign of things to come?
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: FTTC Order seems to have failed ... anyone else had this?

Hi vapourmike,
I'm sorry to hear that there's been a problem placing your order. I've just had a chat with our Provisioning Team who are going to take a look at this now for you. We'll be in touch very shortly with further information for you.
vapourmike
Dabbler

Just got my appointment come through for the 17th, very disappointed as I've lost a days holiday and have to go a further 8 days Sad on a positive I've had a good will gesture and speedy reply ... Smiley
2Senile
Grafter

Happened to me. Waited in on 16/5/14.
Finally got it on 30/5/14. & had to phone Support after dinner as (supposedly) Openreach hadn't informed Plusnet the work was complete.
Got the good will gesture .... but I didn't sign up for good will gestures.  Wink
Mind you, I keep myself amused with pictures in my mind of PN staff holding less than optimal "systems" together while zombie-like management shuffle around mumbling "all is well".  Wink Grin
vapourmike
Dabbler

Finally got the fibre installed today, engineer was fantastic and working within 30 minutes! 54.22mb down and 17.69mb up! faster than their estimated speed was! very happy now, shame it came a week two late and a day wasted holiday.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3568498057