cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Install

CoolWave1

FTTC Install

Hi Could someone from PlusNet please look at my account details, for my new Fibre service as I think my Profile is set on the 40/10 meg system and I thought it was 80/20 Thanks. Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC Install

Hi CoolWave1,
Welcome to our community forums Smiley
I've checked over your connection and can see that you're connected on at 40Mb/s even though your estimate is lower. I've placed a modify order to move you to the 80/20 product which will complete tomorrow and we'll hopefully see an increase.
Let me know how you get on.
CoolWave1

Hi Chris
Thank you for checking my connection I will confirm tomorrow on the 80/20 product. Firstly can I say what fantastic service I have had from plusnet from ordering to install all done in 7days, great service and excellent customer support. BT Openreach chap was excellent could not fault him and explained the whole process to me on the day of install top class service :), very happy thanks again. 
All4One
Grafter

It's always nice to see positive comments, obviously for Plusnet but especially for Openreach engineers as well Smiley
Nice one!
CoolWave1

Hi Chris

I can confirm it has switched over to the 80/20 product and the speed has changed, thank you for your help great service. Smiley
CoolWave1

Smiley
dick:green Image tags added.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Good results Smiley
Let me know if there's anything else.
CoolWave1

Hi Chris
Thank you again for sorting the connection, just a quick question I see from running the BT speedtester that the upload speed is set to max speed 20 but the download speed is set to max speed 67 mbps should this not be set to 78 mbps to match that of the plusnet website line speed?
njay
Grafter

It should be the other way around as plus net  current line speed should match your IP profile as its what DLM on your line has established is currently a stable rate. There isn't an upload rate equivalent so it always shows 20Mbs on an up to 80/20 service.
Hth
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It would actually be the other way around - the BT IP Profile is set by your sync speed (the speed your modem connects to the cabinet), the Plusnet line speed should adjust to match the BT IP Profile (78Mb/s is the initial setting).  With a BT IP profile of 67Mb/s your sync would be around 69Mb/s, if your original estimate was below 40Mb/s then you're doing OK.  Smiley
[Edit] looks like njay beat me to the reply!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.