cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Install

SuperFlyWiFi

FTTC Install

By way of monitoring my migration to FTTC I though it might be useful to keep a log of stuff here....
Engineer attended home today and my current profile is as follows:
Phone exchange:HEATH HAYES
Estimated line speed:55Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2012-11-08 14:55:22
Current line speed: 78 Mb
Note that I havent used the PN supplied technicolour router and instead have connected throug a Netgear WNDR3700.
As I'm not at home I cant do a speed test atm but will post those results daily over the next 7 days.
You never know it might just prove useful! Undecided
I've been a PN BB customer since 2004 and never had reason to leave. I'm a sys Admin by trade and have always guided my customers along the PN route so fingers crossed this wont give any reason to change now!
8 REPLIES 8
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC Install

Spooky, my estimate and line speed are the same as yours.
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've checked and the order for the install has completed so everything should be fine, just give me a nudge if there's any issues at all.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikez
Grafter

Quote from: SuperFlyWiFi
Note that I havent used the PN supplied technicolour router and instead have connected throug a Netgear WNDR3700.

Hi,
Due to have my FTTC installed next week - can I ask why you decided not to go with the PN Technicolour Router ?
Thanks
vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Welcome to the forums mikez
Its an ok router (for an ISP supplied one), just some people (sometimes) suffer with poor wifi range and performance.
There are plenty of threads here and elsewhere discussing the issues.
Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
SuperFlyWiFi

Quote from: mikez
Due to have my FTTC installed next week - can I ask why you decided not to go with the PN Technicolour Router ?

Hi Mikez,
A few reasons really...
1. As a sysadmin I don’t trust vendor supplied equipment. I like to tinker and have full control of what I am using
2. I have used Netgear products for years and as a home solution I have always found them to be robust and reliable
3. The Technicolour was designed to be an ADSL router and with some custom firmware has been re-appropriated as a fibre router by utilising one of the LAN ports. I can’t really comment on how good it is or not as it hasn’t been removed from its box but a cursory glance through these forums and others does not inspire confidence.
Thanks
SuperFlyWiFi

Day 1
Wired:

Wireless
SuperFlyWiFi

Day 2:
Estimated line speed:
55Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2012-11-08 14:55:22
Current line speed: