cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC IP profile

stevewilk
Dabbler

FTTC IP profile

I had value FTTC installed yesterday the engineer tested the line and said it was capable of 40mbps i know that i'm not going to get that speed.
I carried out a bt speed test and got 20mbps with a ip profile of 38.
Does my PN IP profile need to be updated?
How do I check my PN IP profile as I did find a link before but can't find it now?
My account is still showing my old package.
Can you add pro to this FTTC and does it lower the allowance? and would it make any difference?
Sorry to ask so many questions.
Thanks in advance
Steve
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: FTTC IP profile

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It should be 20 (old figure) or 37 )new figure) for FTTC/FTTP.
stevewilk
Dabbler

Also how long can the LAN cable be between the modem and router be I think the one from the master socket to the modem can be 30 meters but no mention of the LAN as I may keep the modem next to the master socket and move the router to other place via a LAN extension set up I have to get a better wireless connection.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Cat5e 100Mbit LAN cables can be 100 Meters between stations.
WWWombat
Grafter

It's 100M of Cat 5E ethernet, but only where the bulk of the distance is done using the solid-core cable normally used for in-building installation (eg 90M solid core, plus 2*5M flexible patch cable).
If you just use the flexible patch cable, then the maximum is said to be 30M - which is generally the largest length you can buy.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
stevewilk
Dabbler

Thanks
I've got cat 6 soild external cable just under 30m so that should be ok. I'll get through the 1st ten days of connection then give it a go.
cheers
Steve