cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Half the speed

TJ578

FTTC - Half the speed

Hi
I have joined Plus Net recently. I was told my line would be getting around 75 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload speed. For the first 10 days I was getting the full speed and was quite happy with it. One day, I have switched off BT Open reach modem and the Plus Net router to change an extension cable and then switched them back on. Since then my speed has been staying around 35 Mbps download and 15 Mbps upload. This has been same for the past about 5-6 days and there was no change or improvement. Is there an automatic cap applied to my line?
Many Thanks
TJ
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FTTC - Half the speed

Hi there,
Profiles on our side and BTs are set to around 75Mb as they were previously, what results does a BT speed test show? Also does disconnecting and reconnecting via the router's interface help at all?
TJ578

Hi Matt,
Attached is the result from BT speedtester. I can try connecting via BT Open reach router directly later in the evening and let you know what speed I get.
Many Thanks
TJ
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

If you've tried the disconnect and reconnect then yeah the next step would be to connect directly to the Openreach modem.
Let us know how you get on.
TJ578

Sorry, I have been tied up with other things and could not perform the suggested test. But today morning after I had to login to the router and click connect, it looks like it is back to how it was before. It could be because BT maintenance operation last night has fixed the issue? Please see attachment.
Many thanks for your help
Regards
TJ
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Ahhh...that looks a lot better, there has been a lot of maintenance over the past couple of weeks.
If there's anything else or this crops up again then let me know.
Chris