cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC: Falling through the cracks of the high-speed rollout

DcUK
Dabbler

FTTC: Falling through the cracks of the high-speed rollout

After some persistent questioning and unusual patience on my part I finally managed to find out that FTTC is not likely at my address for at least the next three years  Cry
The OR website shows the limits of their commercial roll-out falling just short of my road, and likewise the SuperFastSurrey  page falls short from the other direction. Neither site claim to cover my road when tested by postcode either.
Speaking to SuperFastSurrey (the group appointed by Surrey County Council to cover the area left behind by BT) they checked and confirmed that this was indeed the case. Neither roll-out will cover my cabinet. The lady at SFS seemed a little confused by this as their roll-out area was supposed to meet the OR area. She dug around a little and found that the OR commercial roll-out was originally going to cover my cabinet/road, and consequently was excluded from the non-competitive SFS roll-out. However, OR have since decided to shrink their roll-out area and will now no longer include my road  Shocked
As the region to be covered by SFS has already been confirmed, neither roll-out will reach me. When questioned OR informed me that the next possible expansion wouldn't be for at least three years.  Angry
Their fantastic suggestion? "Either move house or sign up with Virgin Media."
Looks like another customer lost by BT then.