cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Database incorrect

Paulg78
Grafter

FTTC Database incorrect

I wish to leave Virginmedia and re-join Plusnet FTTP but when I check availability on the main plusnet site , my address doesn't appear so I spoke to a Sales Rep and they told me that my cabinet wasn't enabled, when I use the Sky Broadband FTTP availablity checker , it says I can get FTTP which is the same as Samknows website plus also if I enter a BT phone number from a nieghbour who's connected to the same cabinet as me, plusnet FTTP checker says it's available.
My Question is how can 3 different sources of FTTP information differ considering that all the information initaily come from BT Openreach
jim:green Title changed as this is an FTTC enquiry not FTTP mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FTTP Database incorrect

I think you might be confusing FTTP with FTTC.
Best check is here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com What does is say if you put in your phone number or address for available broadband options?
Paulg78
Grafter

sorry, yes I meant FTTC
ran that test and it says the following
AndyH
Grafter

I think it's best to let one of the PlusNet digital care team pick up on this to see if they can see why you are not able to place an order (it shouldn't make a difference with ISP you contact, they all get FTTC from the same supplier).
Paulg78
Grafter

got me baffled as well mate, thanks for your reply
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you modify the first post in this topic you can change the title from FTTP to FTTC.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FTTC Database incorrect

Hi Paulg78,
If you could drop me a PM with your details I'd be happy to check this for you? Guessing you don't have a BT line hence the fact that you've used the address checker, we'll see what we can find out based on that.