cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC DLM applied after messing with modem; likely to come off by itself?

jimbof
Grafter

FTTC DLM applied after messing with modem; likely to come off by itself?

So I was messing with my modem and router trying to resolve an issue with multicast performance, and last night at 3am it looks like BT slapped an extra 10ms onto my line.  Is this likely to come off of it's own accord, or does it need "kicking"?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FTTC DLM applied after messing with modem; likely to come off by itself?

It should come off on its own accord.
Plusnet can't request for it (interleaving) to be removed, but I have a feeling there is a bit of a cheat where they can request your DLM profile is changed (there are 3 profiles that can be chosen) and in doing this it will perform a reset itself. But this is still to be confirmed.
You could try a disconnect/reconnect from your router - sometimes this works.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If your connection stays stable and relatively error free then DLM will remove interleaving eventually.
Mine can take a few days or several weeks.
To be honest though an increase in latency of around 10ms makes little (if any) difference for most online activity.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jimbof
Grafter

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers away from it all for a while.
My problem was compounded by me having a script on my router which tries to find a "better" gateway on connection - the extra 10ms just made it sit there bringing up and taking down the ppp session every minute.  Must fix that... Smiley 
thesawdust
Grafter

providing you don't gateway hop with the actual BT openreach modem, It won't effect DLM. I gateway hop using the disconnect button in my router? as this don't drop the sync between BT modem and cabinet it drops connection to PlusNET's gateway  Shocked
jimbof
Grafter

Well, this morning at 3am the DLM came off, and back up to 8ms latency and full throughput (I hadn't noticed, but I'd been left with "only" 73Mbps)
So two days for DLM to sort itself, I'd say it seems to work pretty well in my case.