cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Clean and Impacted

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

FTTC Clean and Impacted

After a very long time, I decided to check the ADSL checker. No particular reason why, but I saw something interesting.
FTTC Clean and Impacted - probably been mentioned on these forums before.
From what I understand, the impacted value (where the LOW values are exactly my speeds) take into account internal wiring and extensions. The CLEAN looks at the BT Wiring being in good condition.
Considering that my potential CLEANS are about top end of 70mb, lows being top end of 60mb, and im currently getting 38 with the modem plugged into the master socket as the BT guy installed it, could this provide evidence for a slightly faulty line?
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 78

Re: FTTC Clean and Impacted

Hi there,
I've just been checking your account and have run some diagnostics to at least rule a few things out. The service has been provided correctly in the first instance and the speed profile seems to be set correctly on the account too.
I'm wondering if your home has "star wiring" as per what's mentioned on Kitz's site here: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Re: FTTC Clean and Impacted

No Star wiring, literally the black BT line comes into the living room, goes into the master socket and there it is.
There *is* an extension on the line (taking an extra extension socket to the kitchen), but this was unplugged for about three months just to test - nothing changed. So that rules that out.