Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Cabinet

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

FTTC Cabinet

Hope someone can assist....  I have been waiting for my Cab to go live for a year or so now.  It was meant to be 30th march, but as soon as that came it slipped to 30th June.  All week they have been working across the road from the Cab, and according to the councils site, its works by BT to put in electrical cabling and ducting...  Great thinks I, finally happening. Suddenly the date has now become the 30th September, yet the roadworks are still there.  Stranger still I got an E-mail from Plusnet stating FTTC was available to me, and asking if I wanted to order.
I am a little confused now.  Is there anyone I can contact to see what the delay is.  BTWholesale just fobbed me off, and there is no-one in openreach I can contact.
Anyone offer advice????
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: FTTC Cabinet

Usually a date at the end of a month is a place-holder for possible installation and is by no means a firm date......very annoying but that's the way BT does it.
Are you checking here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FTTC Cabinet

Hi penfold,
Unfortunately we're unable to "hurry" the work along to make FTTC available to you any sooner. The planned date is currently showing as 30-09-2014 as you've correctly stated and this date is subject to change. The only thing you can do is keep an eye on availability checker and once FTTC shows as available you should be able to place your order with us to upgrade you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.