cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Cabinet Rollout

mrbez
Dabbler

FTTC Cabinet Rollout

Just wondering if you guys can check scheduled rollouts of FTTC cabs from BT?
The reason I'm asking is my exchange has been enabled for Digital Region for some time, however, there's an issue with installing a fibre cab on my estate. It's a newish build and there's a dispute with the property developers that stopped Thales from installing a new cab.
I'm not sure if they would allow BT to install a new one though as they already have a cab/equipment installed?
My cabinet number is either WIC045 or WIC046 and is against the Wickersley exchange in Rotherham.
1 REPLY 1
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FTTC Cabinet Rollout

Hi mrbez,
We can't check cabs that haven't been enabled. It looks like it's on the 'to do' list though as if you pop your number into the BT Availability Checker it shows this
[quote=BT Availability Checker]Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 40Mbps and upstream line speed of 10Mbps.
30th June, however, is probably a place holder date which means that although it's planned, there's no confirmed date yet.
Jojo Smiley