cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Availability & Home Phone

Colin1
Grafter

FTTC Availability & Home Phone

I've been with PN since 1997 and the dayes of F9 ... never had any problems. I'm now looking to upgrade to FTTC and maybe Home Phone too. Which provokes a copuple of questions based on the experience of others ...
a) It is "safe" to switch phone to PN from BT at the same time as a change to fibre - or is it best to separate the 2?
b) Samknows says the FTTC date for my exchange is 31/3/13 (last year it was 31/12/12) ... but Openreach says that the status is "AO" (accepting orders). The upgrade process in the PN member centre does not show FTTC as an available option. Echange name is FERNDOWN
c) Which, if any, of the incentives available to new PN recruits are available to loyal customers?
Colin

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC Availability & Home Phone

Hi there,
a) It is "safe" to switch phone to PN from BT at the same time as a change to fibre - or is it best to separate the 2?

I've not personally come across anyone having problems with that before so I'd advise taking the precaution of separating the two.
b) Samknows says the FTTC date for my exchange is 31/3/13 (last year it was 31/12/12) ... but Openreach says that the status is "AO" (accepting orders). The upgrade process in the PN member centre does not show FTTC as an available option. Echange name is FERNDOWN

The date of 31/3 is often used by BT as a placeholder when fibre is expected to be installed in the future but no firm plans have been made to implement it. However the discrepency between the Openreach checker and ours is most likely due to fibre being at the exchange but not at the cabinet that your line is connected to. That may change in future so keep an eye on this: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
c) Which, if any, of the incentives available to new PN recruits are available to loyal customers?

We don't have any incentives for that I'm afraid but we do have our referral scheme as always which means you receive a discount on your bill for each person you refer to us.
Hope that helps.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Colin1
Grafter

Re: FTTC Availability & Home Phone

Thanks for the response Adam.
Sounds like if / when I want to move to FTTC then it could be worth switching to BT Infinity for 18 months and then switching back!
Cheers, Colin