cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - 8Mb Down, 14Mb Up. What gives?

karlhungus
Dabbler

FTTC - 8Mb Down, 14Mb Up. What gives?

Yesterday I raised a ticket, number 87076446 - my fibre kept dropping and was actually down when I made the call; it later reconnected at low speeds (like ADSL, 8Mb down and approx 3Mb upward). An Openreach engineer turned up today (yes, Sunday morning, incredible!), and was here about 2 hours. Problem was traced to the cabinet I'm connected to and rectified. He tested the sync speeds with his own kit and was getting 39Mbs down and 9Mbs up at the master socket. But, I'm still getting 8Mbs down and around 14Mbs up. What gives?
I have rebooted the Openreach modem, and the Fisher Price router, and also conncected my PC directly to the modem (bypassing the router) to run a speed test but it makes no difference. In fact its marginally worse direct to the modem.
Can anybody help? I've attached a screen print of the speed test. Thanks...
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: FTTC - 8Mb Down, 14Mb Up. What gives?

You need to get the Plusnet profile increased https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
I suggest a phone call
karlhungus
Dabbler

Thanks; I may have to try tomorrow, I'm not going to sit there waiting for 30 minutes + for somebody to pick up the phone.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

given the present call numbers it should be a lot less than that at present
karlhungus
Dabbler

Am phoning now - message says "approaching 45 minutes", lets see how it goes.
karlhungus
Dabbler

Gave up after 25 mins  Angry
But the profile seems to have updated now anyway - thanks for your help Oldjim.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi karlhungus,
Our suppliers have confirmed that they have cleared the fault in your cabinet and we believe this has now resolved your issue. I have escalated Ticket: 87076446 back to you and this ticket will automatically close if left untouched for 14 days. If the problem arises again then please do get back in touch so that we can investigate this again.