cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTT?? Cabs in but not being listed by anyone.....

slt76
Grafter

FTT?? Cabs in but not being listed by anyone.....

Hi
I'm hoping someone at PN can help me. I live in Hartwell ,Northampton. Our leafy village has just seen two shiny new DSLAM cabs go in (& they are deff fibre cabs as I asked the power network engr what he was up to and he confirmed "connecting power to fibre bb cabinet"). So I started to get very excited at the thought of something better than 1.5mb BB.
However the BT sites for fibre BB make no mention of my exchange (Roade) being fibre enabled in any of the "coming soon, under evaluation etc" lists. I have contacted the local BDUK site (Superfastnorthamtonshire) and they are being about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. All I've had from them is confirmation  that two cabs have been installed. And it took me telling them that they had gone in as they initially weren't even aware of that!
My current ADSL cab info is - Telephone Number 01604xxxxxx on Exchange ROADE is served by Cabinet 8
So......Could you shed any light on things for me. Do you have anything from BT OR regarding FTTC for my exchange or my village. You could make all my Christmas's come at once and tell me they are going for FTTP.....
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: FTT?? Cabs in but not being listed by anyone.....

you are, of course, assuming that the power network engineer gave you correct information.
they may not actually be fibre cabinets at all.
slt76
Grafter

Deff fibre cabs. Local BDUK site confirmed (albeit that's all they will confirm). Also saw them being installed from great big Huawei boxes. I'm no expert but considering the above and the fact that they have been put next to the BT cabs I'm 100% certain they are fibre cabs.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

In my area, we've only recently got fibre.  Our exchange wasn't listed in the "Coming Soon" list, but cabinets started appearing all over the place.  At some point after that the exchange went to Accepting Orders, though I still couldn't find any numbers showing as having fibre available.  The different cabinets where switched on.  My own cabinet started to be installed around November last year, but it was April before I could get fibre.  At different times I'd see people working on it (and generally around the town), such as power and pulling the fibre from the exchange. 
There is another cabinet on this exchange that I'm also interested in, which has only just started taking orders.  The actual cabinet was in place February or March I think.
Basically what I'm trying to say is that it may take some time!
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There's very little information on this, I can appreciate.
I suspect the same thing is happening that's happening to my parents at the moment. I would guess that BT Openreach have installed the FTTC Cabinets in your area but are also connecting other nearby (15 mile radius) villages and small towns up at the same time. BT OR will only turn on and accept orders once 10 cabinets are in place and powered.
Unfortunately there's not really any further information I can provide as we have the same access to this detail as you do via http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ and https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Hi,
Take a look at http://superfastnorthamptonshire.net/deployment-map-when-where/. Hopefully you'll find your answer
iDan.