cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP upload throttling??

tension83
Grafter

FTP upload throttling??

Do Plusnet throttle uploads on Port 21?  The last few days my Filezilla upload speeds never go above 100k..
This has only started happening, previously they seemed to be unrestricted 😕
3 REPLIES 3
tension83
Grafter

Re: FTP upload throttling??

BTW I am using am ECI modem and Draytek Vigor 2820 router in half duplex mode.
deathtrap
Grafter

I have at times have had reason to think similar thoughts, but from what i've seen on here Plusnet don't apply any traffic management on the  upstream of a connection, But  due to the way which VDSL2 works  it maybe be possible in some way to achieve similar effects by downstream traffic management  at least in theory ,
Typically  the sort of behaviour (Using FTP)is see that is different at peak time  than at other times is the amount of simultaneous file uploads seems to be hindered  in that only say 2 or 4 will start /connect  the others get rejected/delayed ,eventually  they all will start to upload, where as out side the peak time window, I'm able to start upto 10 files straight away and the upload throughput will  run at the max speed without much variation ,
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
It's correct that we don't implement any traffic management on the upstream, I'd try using something other than Filezilla to see if you get the same issue if you can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team