Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP response timeout error 28 - poor throughput

julianhadlow
Grafter

FTP response timeout error 28 - poor throughput

Hello,
When I try to upload large files (over 150 Mb approx) I get the error message: FTP Response Timeout 28.
Searching the Internet, I found that this timeout happens when there are large numbers of servers that the data has to pass through.
I've tried different clients (my usual one is WS_FTP Pro), but I've also tried FreeFTP and still get the same error message.
I have also tried using different computers on the same modem, but still the same error message. The fault is not restricted to one server. It happens on several of my websites hosted at different companies.
I have also read that the problem lies with the modem (mine is a PlusNet branded Technicolor TG 582n).
It seems that the errors are cropping up due to poor throughput. How do we resolve this?
EDIT: The modem firmware is currently: 10.2.2.B. Is there an updated version available, and will this help FTP throughput?
EDIT 2: I might add that I could upload large files previously, but this seems to have started happening in the last few months. Has something changed?
1 REPLY 1
julianhadlow
Grafter

Re: FTP response timeout error 28 - poor throughput

Bump...