Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre installed today 1mb upload

apollo1
Grafter

FIbre installed today 1mb upload

Hi
Finally got fibre installed today, openreach engineer came and installed very quick, although did not put the cover back on the front of the house, so bare wires were out in the wet. (photo attached)
2 wires were not connected outside to anything, put the cover back on so hopefully it wont affect anything.
Estimated speed is 32 mb, actual line speed in my account shows 37mb? upload speed on ethernet is 1.03mb, will this increase over the days, 5.8mb was the estimate.
Speed test is here http://www.speedtest.net/result/2378616553.png
Hopefully this will increase
BT speed tester result
Download speedachieved during the test was - 28.53 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 12 Mbps-0 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 32.16 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.3Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps
Gray
7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: FIbre installed today 1mb upload

Hi Gray,
Your line is syncing at the speeds you've mentioned, I'd suggest logging into your router click disconnect, then power down your router and modem. Leave them off for a few minutes then power back on your modem and wait for the DSL light to become stable. Once you've done then power your router on and login again and click connect. See if you get any difference with your speeds and let me know how you get on.
Regarding the wires that were exposed, you've mentioned that the cover is back on and I'm guessing you left the wires how they were?
We may need to raise a fault to check on this.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply.
I left the wires as they were and just put the cover back on as it was starting to rain. (the 2 pairs of wires were firmly in the 2 plastic connectors, i assume the 2 loose wire serve no purpurse as they had no connector to plug into.)
(The engineer could not get the home phone to ring as he forgot to plug the phone plug back in the wall, also said the reason the show home on the new estate near me get better speeds (62mb/20mb) is because they pay more money for their broadband??? ,which is totally misleading.   It may be on a different cab but I only know of the 1 fibre cab near me (there is a normal phone cab number 10 I'm on cab EIGHT) next to the show home but it takes its phone line from a pole across the road from me as I can see the pole from out my front window,  If I sent you a PM with the phone number of the show home could you check if its on the same cab as me to clear this up?
I'm at work at the moment so will do what you suggested  with the router as soon as I can
Thanks for your help
Graham
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Does your home phone ring now?
You're connected to cabinet 8, I've also sent you a PM.
Let me know how you get on with your speeds.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Chris
The phone rings ok, he literally didn't plug the phone into the wall socket then rang the number wondering why no phone was ringing, my wife pointed out the phone was not plugged in.
I'll message the speed details when I get in from Work, hoping it is ok.
Cheers
Graham
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Chris
great news, restarted the modem, router etc

BT test
36.66mb down  /    8.01mb up
Gray
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's better!  Smiley
Let me know if there's anything else.
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: apollo1
... also said the reason the show home on the new estate near me get better speeds (62mb/20mb) is because they pay more money for their broadband???
Everything happens quicker if you pay money - the colloquial term is "greasing palms".  Plusnet staff are unaware of this, as they live in Yorkshire.
If they are fed off the same pole, it may or may not be the same cab, but probably is. How old is the cabling from the pole to your master socket, and has he done a standard installation of using the master socket, adding the interstitial VDSL filter plate, and connecting the modem to that with just the short internet cable?