cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED:- reading posts here doesn't look good for a new customer !

timmytoad
Grafter

FIXED:- reading posts here doesn't look good for a new customer !

hi all, i am VERY seriously considering moving to PlusNet from Virgin Media, but reading the posts on this page, IT doesn't look very encouraging at all, everyone here has problems !!.
Where are all the happy customers ?, they don't post anything to say they are very happy with Plus Net !!!!
Tim
19 REPLIES 19
whelpton
Grafter

Re: reading posts here doesn't look good for a new customer !

Hi Tim,
Sorry to hear you feel that way, a quick search of our feedback forum should show you:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101106.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101094.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100991.0.html
Three topics congratulating us on our support levels on the very fist page.
Unfortunatly as a public forum and an avenue for support that is very publically available you will see complaints from customers just as on any other support forums run by Isp's. I would advise reading through the feedback forum to see the other side of the story as well.
The numerous customer service awards we have won over the years can be found here
I have to say in our defense, I have never thought of posting in o2's support forums telling them what a great job I think they're doing with my mobile phone and would imagine the hundreds of thousands of our customers follow a similar train of thought.  Smiley
PS: Just fyi, the vast majority of customers who do send us positive feedback do so via support ticket & never ends up in the public domain. Shame really.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: timmytoad
Where are all the happy customers ?, they don't post anything to say they are very happy with Plus Net !!!!

I don't think you are asking the right question.  Everyone who posts here is an unhappy customer.  The question you should ask is how many people remain unhappy.  I have been with Plusnet for two and a half years and am blessed with a telephone line that is generally very stable for broadband.  I think Plusnet offer best value for money and on the few occasions when a problem has arisen they have resolved it very well.  So I am very happy with Plusnet.  
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Customer since 2001 so yes they have their bad days and mostly good, but you only See the bad days on the forums.  It's the same with anything online, there are the silent majority that don't even know about the forum to post positive feed back or they just don't bother.
Most of the bad experience threads you will notice always start as a Doom and Gloom the sky is falling and endup mostly with a problem fixed that they didn't want to be fixed via Normal channels.  We want it now culture, like yesterday!
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
paulpicks21
Grafter

I moved from VM to Plusnet a couple of years back when VM were having major issues with broadband down the phone line, me and 100s of other customers were seeing our connections being massively throttled at all peak times.
I was told by VM it would be the same with whatever ISP I switched to.
Surprise surprise as soon as I switched to Plusnet the throttling dissappeared instantly.

In the years I have been with Plusnet I have only had a couple of problems and they have been sorted out very quickly and professionally and I have nothing but praise for Plusnet.
It's the best ISP I have been with by a mile.

So here you go, one very happy Plusnet customer.

Cheers
Paul.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Almost a year ago I was with BT for my phone and a different ISP for broadband.
I changed the whole lot to Plusnet, I had a problem with the first provided router but that was replaced.
I have an increased BB package and Im paying £15.00 per month less in total.
I have contacted Plusnet by phone twice and surprise surprise I can understand what they are saying.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Every so often a disgruntled customer starts a poll on this forum, the question being something along the lines of "Are you happy with Plusnet?" The answer is always overwhelmingly - Yes.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adagio
Grafter

Quote from: timmytoad

Would you really expect this forum to be inundated with unsolicited paeans of praise? Normally threads are started by a customer with a problem, commonly they will end with thanks to PlusNet for  sorting it. What I find remarkable and reassuring is that PlusNet commit significant resources to responding.
Perhaps you could point us to a competitor's support forum where there are no complaints/problems at all.  Smiley I have been a customer for nearly 4 years and have absolutely no intention of going elsewhere.

prichardson
Grafter

I'd have to agree with what has been said so far.
I was a forum moderator here, before working at Plusnet. You could hardly say reading some of the comments inspire happiness in somebody to work here, let alone join.
It is unfortunately the nature of a customers complaint. It's an extension of our support in one respect to those with questions, but also a place to vent. You do see the occasional praise post, but I have never been out of my way to praise a company in a letter, let alone a forum.
Despite all of this, the decision to work here is one I never looked back on and wished I had moved from the North West to South Yorkshire over a a year sooner.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As has been suggested, people come on here far more to complain than praise and it generally takes a thread such as this to bring out the praise in most regular visitors to the forum.
That's human nature.
I am also a happy customer of many years Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Just to re-iterate what has already been said - Plusnet is one of the better ISPs around.
Over the years I have had to deal with all the major service providers on behalf of customers and can honestly say Plusnet win hands down in the customer service stakes.
I will have been a happy Plusnet customer for three years in January 2012 and will continue to support and recommend them to others. Smiley
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
ajbrown1965
Grafter

I agree entirely with ReedRichards. I have posted on this forum on a few occasions, but the particular problem I've been having at the time has always been sorted out, so I would be one of the forum posters who does NOT remain unhappy. Also where I posted a specific question someone has always come up with an answer.
As others in this thread have said, the happy ones don't usually post on a forum. I can mirror this exactly with customers in the computer shop where I work part time. We probably only get one or two unhappy customers every few weeks, but it's not very often the 99+% come in to say how happy they are!
My advice would be go with Plusnet, they are the best ISP I have dealt with!
whelpton
Grafter

You guys make me proud to work for Plusnet.
hulls
Grafter

I come to praise Plusnet, not to bury it
I've been with Free-online, for a very long time - so long ago, I can't remember when I joined (certainly before they were taken over by PN) and although there was a dodgy few months a couple of years ago, they have been great.  The great thing about this forum is that members (many of whom have a lot of experience and expertise) are willing to give their time freely and are very patient with dunces like me, who sometimes have a serious understanding difficiency  Embarrassed
John
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Keith
You guys make me proud to work for Plusnet.

And so you all should be.
Three cheers for Plusnet support !  Grin
Derek