Grafter

Re: Serious ADSL speed issues for the last 4 months

Just done that now.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your fault is now undergoing testing and as soon as that has been completed your ticket will be updated.
If you need me to chase anything up then please let me know.
Lemmiwinks
Grafter

Any updates, Chris?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not yet, testing is still being performed on your line. I'll keep checking on it for you.
Lemmiwinks
Grafter

Chris, I seem to have to wait 2 days for a reply from your fault team.
Is there any chance I can take you up on your offer to look into this, the reply I got back was "everything looks fine" which I could have told them myself. It isn't fine though and it looks like even after linking this thread that the assistant didn't bother reading it. I've re-capped everything that has been happening up until now in my reply but having to wait days for a reply back is a little frustrating, bearing in mind that has been ongoing for the last 16 weeks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the wait, I've got this picked up and it is being looked into as I speak. I'll update you as soon as I get a response.
Lemmiwinks
Grafter

Ok... I've come home today and my throughput speed is back up to 7mb. What is going on? My telephone is due to switch over from Orange by tomorrow (according to the text I received from you guys). Does that require someone to go to the exchange to physically do something and could it have been done today (therefore fixing the issue)? I have your colleague about to phone me back with engineer appointment dates but obviously this will not be required if my speeds stay this high. This is the first time in 7 weeks I've had over 2mb.
The only thing is my ping still seems a little high, although it has dropped from 50m/s to 42m/s. Before it was at around 32m/s. Would taking me off interleaved help with this or am I asking for more trouble?
Edit: Spoke to Andy and we agreed that I would wait and see if my speed stayed consistent over the next week and to give a call back after that week to try and remove interleaving to correct my ping (as no errors are showing). Hopefully, although still unexplained, my speeds are back to normal. Sorry about the hassle, Chris!
Lemmiwinks
Grafter

Well that didn't last long at all. Back to 2mb. Just so you can see I'm not completely crazy, I did an isolation test with a laptop, wired, two different routers with wireless disabled on both. Here are photos;
http://imgur.com/a/8IcVY
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Very frustrating! Everything looks as though it's connected to isolate anything causing an issue.
I've messaged Andrew who you spoke with last night and I'm waiting for an update from him so we can see where to go from here.
Lemmiwinks
Grafter

Tell me about it!
I'm pretty confident it's safe to rule out my equipment and I watched with my own two eyes an engineer in my front garden changing my line. I've been put on a new pair at the green box. The only thing left (given that I'm also pretty sure it's not REIN because my line stats don't change and I don't suffer disconnections) is faulty equipment at the exchange. Unless there's something else I'm not aware of it could be.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm waiting for an update, shouldn't be to long so we can get this progressed.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your fault ticket has been updated, your fault has been passed to our supplier's complex faults team to investigate. I'll will keep you posted on the results.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that Lee has spoken with you to confirm the engineer appointment. Once the engineer has been then please let me know the outcome.
Chris
Lemmiwinks
Grafter

Well, was supposed to see an engineer between 8am and 1pm. Got a phonecall at 12pm to say one wasn't available for today. Frustrated to say the least. 17 weeks now of problems and I've been stuck at 1.4mb now for 6 of those.