cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBRE training period query.

julhaz1
Dabbler

FIBRE training period query.

I had unlimited fibre installed last thursday.
BT openreach engineer said my line was perfect quality, close to the fttc cabinet and local exchange. my line is not impacted, it is copper from the cabinet , so i should get close to the full speeds quoted by plusnet.
Plusnet estimate of my speed is 77mb down and 19mb up, I understand that I am in the "stabilization period" but unfortunately my downloads seem to be stabilising at 28mb [disappointing] down, 19mb [fantastic] upstream.
Why? this is worse speed than the cheaper 38mb fibre. Because the upstream 19mb, i know it is not my line quality. so that excuse wont work.
When is my line going reach full speed? Will it ever? or is this it, have i been conned?
When i spoke to the plus net staff on the phone a week before ordering fibre, i was told that if the speeds I recieve are greater than 10% worse than the estimated speed quoted, I can get a refund because they have failed to provide the service as advertised.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FIBRE training period query.

What does it say here for your estimates - https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ ?
Are you running the speed test wired or wireless?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there.
There is only a two day training period on a FTTC line so that shouldn't be causing any issues.
I've tested your line and I can't see any issues with the connection. Your syncing at the full 80/20 and your profile is set correctly on our end
Can you run through our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net and we can get that looked into further
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
julhaz1
Dabbler

done that for you matthew
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

An FTTC line has an open profile for 2 days, but after that, the line always trains - it's kind of how DLM works.
http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

A very useful link to an excellent explanation of DLM. Thanks Chris. Smiley
julhaz1
Dabbler

hey guys, i fitted a new network adapter [TPlink TG-3468 only £6 from amazon] and my internet is now blazing fast @ 73 mbps down, which is excellent. im not sure if plus net did anything on their side, or it was the upgrading of my network card, or a combination of both.
But i am now very satisfied, i thank you for everything chris and matthew.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We've not changed anything on this side, so it looks as though the new Network Adapter has done the trick for you Smiley
Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.