Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFTC Turn on - no router yet

amaye
Dabbler

FFTC Turn on - no router yet

Hi,
Please could someone advise when your router is delivered?
I paid £5.99 to have a new router delivered for when I'm switched over to FFTC.
My appointment with OpenReach is tomorrow, but my router hasn't arrived yet.
I've had no communications from PlusNet saying if the router has been dispatched.
What happens if it doesn't turn up in the post tomorrow?
Thanks,
Andrew.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: FFTC Turn on - no router yet

Hi Andrew,
I'm really sorry to hear that your router hasn't turned up yet. It's been dispatched, I hope it's with you for the installation tomorrow. If it isn't for any reason, please ensure that the engineer still carries out the installation and we'll do absolutely everything to ensure the router is with you ASAP.
amaye
Dabbler

Thanks Chris.
When was the router dispatched?
If it's already dispatched, what can you do? Will you courier a new one to arrive by tomorrow?
Thanks again.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The router has been dispatched today, usually they are sent our earlier - sorry about that.
If the router doesn't turn up on time, you can set up a PPPoE connection (http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows-7/) until the router arrives.
The routers are sent via Royal Mail - First Class, so I'm hopeful it'll be with you shortly.
amaye
Dabbler

Hi,
I appreciate the speedy update and action, but overall this is pretty poor customer service. I debated leaving you guys after reading some stories on these forums, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
If it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, the least you can do is refund the postage cost. £5.99 should be enough to pay for next day delivery.
My master socket and router are in the garage. I have cat5e running around my house. My existing router, a Thompson gateway, plugs into a network switch. So I don't have the option of plugging my PC directly into the Open Reach modem.
Can I achieve the same with my existing broadband router?
Or do I just need to be attached to my network in order to create a dialler on my PC?
Are all my wireless devices and other internet connected items, like TVs, out of action until the router turns up?
Thanks.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi amaye,
I have created ticket 81436104 on your account regarding your fibre upgrade. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

My router was delivered the following day by the GPO. That's what First Class postage is all about. Therefore, if your router doesn't arrive tomorrow then complain to the PO,not PN.
However, having said that, I soon treated myself to an Asus RT-N56U because the speeds from the PN router were abysmal.