cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Jameseh - SNR issues

Snarf
Grafter

FAO Jameseh - SNR issues

James - ticket number 23831402 which you've had a look at before. It has now been raised with BT 4 times to get the target SNR changed, the latest is that BT will not be changing the SNR as the member of PN staff seemed to think that any issues with the line have been resolved.
As the end of my ticket says, it'd be good to have a line that at least always connects between 2272kbps and 2848kbps which gives me a 2Mbps line (at the moment I'm just under that so expect to be dropped back to a 1.75Mbps line). I presume that connecting above 2848 will make the line unsuitably unstable (well in BT's eyes anyway, I didn't see it as that much of a problem) but making the target SNR 9-12dB should drop it in the 2Mbps region ensuring that even through disconnects I stay at 2Mbps.
Could you take another look at it please? We just seem to be going around in circles with BT saying everything is fine/fixed when nothing has actually changed.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: FAO Jameseh - SNR issues

Hey Snarf,
I've just given your ticket a poke, hopefully in the right direction!
Snarf
Grafter

Cheers James, big thumbs up to you  Grin
Snarf
Grafter

Woo! Target SNR changed to 6dB (was aiming for 9dB so we'll have to see how stable this is). Connection speed currently at 3488kbps up from 2242kbps a couple of days ago, result  Grin
I suppose if it's not stable the SNR will be (or can be) changed? Preferably to 9dB first of all rather than all the way back down to 15dB as BT seem to like doing!