Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow internet and no dial tone

FIXED
benlogan95
Hooked

Extremely slow internet and no dial tone

Hello, 

I moved into my house today to see the internet speed is terrible (see attachment) and also I have no dial tone on my house phone.

Thanks, Ben.

5 REPLIES 5
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Extremely slow internet and no dial tone

If there's no dial tone start here and hopefully the internet will improve as well.

benlogan95
Hooked

Did a line test turns out there is an issue so open-reach have been contacted. Hopefully its fixed soon....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hello Ben.

It looks like an engineer has been out about an hour ago and believes to have fixed the problem.

Having said that, from testing your broadband service I'm seeing a high amount of errors on the connection will likely still be causing slow speeds. Can you run through the checks here and let us know how it goes?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
benlogan95
Hooked

Thanks, the engineer has been out and there seems to be a dial tone now and the speed is now increased.

I have got the line in the master test socket, the speed seems to be at its highest now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Awesomeness Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet