cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow broadband - only 5% of the promised average speed!!

matthewlee100

Extremely slow broadband - only 5% of the promised average speed!!

Hi,

I just signed up for the Plusnet ADSL broadband, and after a 7 day delay from my promised activation date (only my phone line was able to be activated initially for some reason...), I finally have the broadband set up for the last 2 days.

However, the connection speed has been so slow to the point it is basically unusable (which is not really ideal when I am trying to work from home). Testing multiple times a day, I have never gotten higher than 1mbps, with an average of <0.5mbps.

This is shocking - I was promised 10mbps average when I signed up, and if this is the connection speed I can get, then I deem you to have mis-led and mis-sold me.

I have complained to your customer service and they indicated that there is a 10 - 14 day "training period", and that if post that period, my speeds do not reach the minimum guaranteed speed in my contract, then I can cancel without charge.

However, they are now telling me when I signed up, you were unable to determine what my minimum guaranteed speed is - this is ridiculous - if post the 14 days, you tell me my minimum guaranteed speed is indeed only 1mbps, then how am I supposed to cancel without a charge if I am already past my cooling off period (given you activated my broadband with a delay from my phone activation date)? 1mbps is grossly below what I was promised, and whilst I understand the promised speed is an AVERAGE, I am currently only getting 0.5mbps on AVERAGE - this is not usable.

I am appalled and shocked by this customer service and the broadband service you provide - especially as I deem you to have misled me on sign up.

Please can someone reply to this ASAP, inform me what my minimum guaranteed speed is, and let me know what my options are regards to cancelling.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Extremely slow broadband - only 5% of the promised average speed!!

matthewlee100

Sorry - why Do I need to check my phone number? How does that solve my issue?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Because it will show you what speeds your line should be getting and answe the questions you have asked.I

In addition is the router plugged into the master socket or an extension?

Are you testing via wired or WiFi connection?