cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow broadband connection for 2 months + now

gc21

Extremely slow broadband connection for 2 months + now

Hello, please can some one from the technical team help. Our broadband speed has been extremely slow for the past 2 months: buffering on streaming, cutting out etc, not loading pages properly.
I have complained 3 times now to plusnet to no avail- the line keeps on being reset and this helps for perhaps a day or so but then back to slow speed. When I have asked for complaint to be escalated, they have asked me through scripted stages to test equipment and the line- this is nonsense since plusnet installed the line at our property via open reach last year and provided the router (within warranty period).
We need this to be looked at seriously. No one seems to have responded to our concerns effectively or resolved the problem. Meanwhile we are paying for a service not fit for purpose.
We are at our wits end and would rather cancel than keep in paying for a non existent service.
Please help. Thank you.
Geraldine
10 REPLIES 10
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Extremely slow broadband connection for 2 months + now

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

they have asked me through scripted stages to test equipment and the line- this is nonsense since plusnet installed the line at our property via open reach last year and provided the router (within warranty period).

Apologies that you're not happy with the testing we ask. However we cannot assume that you are already in the test socket and no extension leads etc are in place, so we do ask this to be tested. This is to try and stop any potential engineer charges if the fault is caused by your internal wiring (Openreach will only guarantee the service to the test socket).

If you are continuing to have issues please reply to the fault ticket and we'll get this picked up asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gc21

Chris, everything worked fine until a couple of months ago. I have no idea what you mean by ' we cannot assume that you are already in the test socket and no extension leads etc are in place, so we do ask this to be tested'. The router remains how it was installed by the engineer- there have been NO changes. This is extremely frustrating. I just want this to be looked at properly please and if necessary an engineer sent out asap, otherwise I shall seek to cancel and make an official hard complaint. Thank you

gc21

Might you be able to arrange for a new router to be sent out in case it is the plusnet router at fault? We are using the original router provided by plusnet and it will be still in warranty period. Thank you.

Gel
Aspiring Champion

You'll still need to remove router from current socket + place in the test socket.
If you have BT Phone book, there's normally an illustration of how to do this- in front pages Smiley
gc21

Hello,
I am now having to post using my own mobile data as the broadband connection is non existent.
Please, please look into this urgently. I want an engineer booked in this week please and expect a phone call from a plusnet customer service manager within the next 24 hours.
Thank you
Gel
Aspiring Champion

Won't happen; you'll need to phone in or use Live Chat after confirming you're plugged in to BT Test socket. You need to help yourself to start solving this, including posting BT Line stats from link I provided previously. You seem happy to ignore all suggestions people have made here, & appear very intransigent.
ATon

Reading your post is very familiar to me I'm afraid. I have experienced the same issues with download speed for over 12 months and have gone through numerous line tests and lengthy online chats with plus net and resets have lasted a couple of days and then the issues return. I've even purchased a new router but after a few weeks it has slowly reverted back to how it was. It's now impossible to speak to anyone on the phone or online chat so I will be leaving plusnet...as soon as I can get through to cancel! The service is shocking. I hope you have more luck. 

ibanez68

I totally sympathise with you. I'm in exactly the same position.

My ticket has been open for almost 2 months.

My connection has been unusable for the last 2 months. Either speeds as low as 0.18Mbps or no connection at all
for days on end.

I've had 3 engineer visits.

Visit 1 - Engineer claimed to have cleared faults externally the day before booked visit which helped for 2 or 3 days then went back to low speeds and frequent disconnections.

Visit 2 - Engineer came to my property and changed the master socket but this did not solve the problem

Visit 3 - Engineer again claimed to have clear faults externally but this also did not solve the issue.

Visit 4 - This visit is booked for this Friday.

As far as I'm concerned if this engineer does not solve the issue or at least give an accurate diagnosis, I will be pushing to exit my contract and go with Virgin who have their own network which is nothing to do with Openreach.

I blame Openreach more than PlusNet on this issue,  but plusnet need to look at their processes. It seems there are many customers having the same issues and being given the same standard stock answers from the PlusNet script.

Everything internally was supplied by plusnet 7 months ago. My router is plugged directly into the master socket that openreach fitted last month and I'm still having issues.

gc21

After more than 2 months of backwards and forwards (contrary to someone's earlier post we DID perform all of the tests etc with various people from Plusnet CS as this issue has been live now for some time), Plusnet finally sent out an engineer last week. Turns out that the physical line was damaged and 3 engineers have now worked on this, the last being today.

Sadly as of yet, there has been no improvement in speed- the same issues.

There seems to be a real lack of  effective communication between Plusnet and Openreach. I had a customer service agent message me at the weekend to say that the issue had been 'resolved' by openreach, when I had had confirmation by the actual engineer that it definitely wasn't resolved and that there would be another visit this week. 

I was promised that someone from customer services would be in touch again to discuss the problem over the past couple of days but have not heard a squeak. We are totally fed up by the lack of service and if things aren't fixed will look to be refunded plus cancel our contract.

The service we have received has been appalling. I had one very helpful person in customer services, who had the sense to book in the engineer, but unfortunately I cannot say the same for some of the other people I have dealt with at Plusnet, who at times have been unhelpful or worse still, just obstructive.

Wishing you luck getting your internet fixed- will let you know how we get on.