cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service and speeds from Plusnet, where to go from here?

jordanmerrick

Extremely poor service and speeds from Plusnet, where to go from here?

For the last 2 weeks I've had speeds of less than 0.3Mb down/up and back and forth with Plusnet. I'm supposed to be getting ~ 4-6Mb down, which I was getting for the first 3 months.
For the first week, all I got was "Well your sync speed is fine so there's no problem".
Eventually, (just before the weekend) Plusnet acknowledged there was a fault and the speed picked up. Now it's back down again.
I recently moved to West Yorkshire and started working for myself from home and rely on the broadband connection to be half decent but Plusnet is killing my business. I've spent most of the last 2 weeks in coffee shops or wherever I can get wifi just so I can work. It's been horrible.
Where can I go from here? I certainly don't expect to be paying this month's bill with all the problems I've been having and just want it working. If it goes on any longer, how long until I can argue breach of contract?
Regardless of what happens, I will be leaving Plusnet as soon as the contract expires - I have never had so much poor customer experience from one company!
2 REPLIES 2
acarneiro
Grafter

Re: Extremely poor service and speeds from Plusnet, where to go from here?

I'm very surprised to hear your story.
On the couple of occasions when I had to contact support, I found Plusnet staff to be courteous, knowledgeable and efficient.
I'm sure one of the forum gurus will pick up on this and look into it for you.
I assume you have raised fault and have a ticket number? It might make it easier for them to track down what's been happening...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Extremely poor service and speeds from Plusnet, where to go from here?

Hi  jordanmerrick,
Firstly apologies that you have had a bad broadband service. As you stated your service started off as expected and all was fine, unfortunately a fault has developed on your line as Adam explained to you. It is not always easy to diagnose a fault and unfortunately this can take time. Adam has arranged for the engineers appointment for the 8th of this month.
I understand your frustration with this, but our faults team and Adam are doing their utmost to resolve this for you.
Adam will be in-touch once the engineers have been to see how thing's have progressed.
Chris