cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely low speeds & poor browsing 04/09/09 evening

paulh
Rising Star

Extremely low speeds & poor browsing 04/09/09 evening

BBMAX:  Download Speed: 269 kbps (33.6 KB/sec )   Upload Speed: 352 kbps (44 KB/sec )
pte-ag2
sync: 7616000
stable rate: 6500
exchange: green
legacy BB+
Interleave on
usage this month: Peak ~2GB Off:~4.7GB
Comments?
3 REPLIES 3
jayed
Grafter

Re: Extremely low speeds & poor browsing 04/09/09 evening

Sorry to duplicate post but...
If you had a reconnect with a slow sync speed then BT may have adjusted your IP profile down. You can check this by using the BT speedtester. Look here for a link to it and info on how to use it.
Also, you can check your IP profile that PN are using here
They will show the rough speed you should be getting. If it is low then it will be due to a poor sync. A low BT IP profile caused by a poor sync will improve in 3-5 days in my experience and then 12 hours for Plusnet's IP profile to match it.
If this is the first occurence of this problem then it may be a one off but a recurrence could be a problem with your line. You could raise a ticket but I think that unless the download speed is less than 400kbps then it isn't really recognised as a problem (mine dropped to 135kbps). However, I still think that PN will help you if it is lower than you should be expecting.
paulh
Rising Star

thanks for the reply jayed; the stable rate info you link to is already in my post; i've been through a few ups and downs with speeds with PN over the past few years & know my way about, and i haven't had a low resync event.
i was really looking for a comment from a member of the comms team, but as i'm now on my hols my router is switched off, so we'll see what it all looks like in a fortnight !
jayed
Grafter

Ah, ok. I tried Smiley
I've not seemed to get many answers at weekends.