cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraordinary internet problems

Mardler
Rising Star

Extraordinary internet problems

As of 30 minutes ago most websites I use will not load.
Several do (we'll see about this one when I post but my hunch is it'll work).
Unable to access Google, Telegraph, Speedtest.net or BBC but Facebook is OK.
Ideas anyone? Backbone fault?
25 REPLIES 25
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Extraordinary internet problems

Same here, i'm using 3G on the mobile to post this.
Google down, daily mail down, infact pretty much everything i use (which isn't much) is down.
No service announcements as far as i know...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143619.0.html same boat DNS is failing.  Opendns DNS servers doesn't help, but googles helps but not a 100% fix
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
seelphedvr

Same over here. I am sooooo angry that I chose plusnet as provider. It has been utter rubbish all the way. Nothing good to say about it. Since day 1 it has been problems. Haven't had a single day of seamless browsing or anything. I regret having paid for the line rental saver. Am I really alone here?
Mardler
Rising Star

I don't think this is PN, looks like a backbone fault.
PN?
7up
Community Veteran

Looks like planned 'maintenance'
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial

Seems a day late though for my area... early hours of yesterday i would expect.. but today my area is not listed! Maybe they're running late?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

so im not the  only one eh Huh google will open on my iPhone but not on my macbook. youtube however works fine on both devices. Most websites aren't loading on both devices though. very strange issue here. hope it gets fixed by morning
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

See here - https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143619.msg1266242.html#msg1266242
Looks like a major routing failure outside of PlusNET.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Spudmuffin

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one having connection problems! Everything went down for me too.  Angry
Google won't open, this site is pretty sketchy with connecting until I switched to 3G, no other sites open and Xbox won't connect etc.
Anyone know if this is likely to get fixed any time soon?
VictoriaIceni
Grafter

Phew! It's not just me. I've been getting DNS err timed out messages. I've just spent the last hour fiddling with restarting my router and changing my DNS settings and nothing is helping.
I can access plusnet pages both on my laptop and tablet, and my Yahoo Mail on my tablet but not on the laptop. I can get facebook on both my tablet and laptop. I can't get any search responses on Google on my laptop nor tablet.
I hope it's just PN and not me, because I'm not good at techie stuff, and pretty ill with MS at the moment which never helps to think clearly.  Undecided  Going to bed...please let it be fixed by tomorrow...which is today?!  Undecided
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: VictoriaIceni
Phew! It's not just me. I've been getting DNS err timed out messages. I've just spent the last hour fiddling with restarting my router and changing my DNS settings and nothing is helping.

No real need to tinker with dns. If restarting your router doesn't do the job then you know something further up the line is at fault.
Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Same problem here. Can get google gmail but not google search engine. Can get to 3 of my websites but can't get onto twitter. Most of the sites I use regularly I get 'you are not connected to the internet' and 'server not found'
Getting that error on some sites in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
There's no maintenance schedulled for Cornwall, though there was some schedulled for yesterday in Truro. So a day late here too.  Angry
Doorman
Grafter

Same problem here. Seems from a tiny bit of trial and error its any .co.uk address I can't access but .com etc seems ok.  Such bad timing as I was supposed to be booking flights tonight!
7up
Community Veteran

Indeed google.com is available without the country redirect to .co.uk...
http://www.google.com/ncr
Seems you are right about .co.uk being down but others being up. In fact it may be .uk in general...
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

For me depends on DNS servers I use as to what loads, with PN and opendns nothing but here and youtube.  With googles 8.8.8.8 Iplayer and twitter work but lots of other sites/games still fail to work
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November