Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchnage Accepting orders on fibre new BT cabinet but still no fibre

Kungaloosh
Grafter

Exchnage Accepting orders on fibre new BT cabinet but still no fibre

Hi all
I am on Hailsham exchange which is accepting orders for fibre, people I know around the area have already got fibre, I know the cabinet I connect to has been replaced with a new one, so everything seems to be there however nobody is yet offering fibre, anybody know anyway of checking to see what the hold up is ? any help very much appreciated !
4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Exchnage Accepting orders on fibre new BT cabinet but still no fibre

Hi
Do you have a new fibre cabinet next to/near the original cabinet.  Usually the fibre cabinet is separate to the original ones.  There are a number of cabinets around where I live that are having the outer casing replaced at the moment, but no sign of the fibre cabinets yet.  Our fibre date is May 2014 though.  Could it just be the original cabinet with a new casing that you currently have?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My exchange has been accepting orders since March and a handful of cabinets close to the exchange were enabled for fibre and are in operation. We are just outside that initial reach, and as elsewhere in the town outward extension is slow.
A couple of months ago our cabinet was re-skinned and a month ago a fibre cabinet was installed alongside. However the exchange checker says 31 May 2014 for service availability.
So a bit of patience may be called for. Roll_eyes
David
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

My exchange has the same date David.  I've not seen any fibre cabinets around our way yet, but there are roadworks by 3 cabinets close to me that look to be doing more work than just re-skinning them, so I guess they must also be doing some of the ducting work for the fibre cabinets as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kungaloosh
Grafter

Hi all
The old cabinet is still there and next to it is the fibre one....there is another cabinet in the area the same and people on that have ordered and got fobre so I guess they just have not finished that cabinet yet, it is just a little frustrating that there is no way of fionding out when it will be enabled Sad