cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange upgrade

Steevo
Grafter

Exchange upgrade

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out when an exchange will be upgraded to LLU? I'm currently a Market 1 exchange but would like to be able to get LLU services.
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Exchange upgrade

Hi Steevo,
The Sam Knows site is usually a good place to look: http://www.samknows.com/exchange_search
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bud
Grafter

Although I don't have much faith in the sam knows data as it hasn't been updated with the addition of LLU services here, nor does it have the upcoming fibre RFS date either for my exchange
Steevo
Grafter

Thanks. Unfortunately SamKnows only gives information about current LLU, but nothing about future potential upgrades.
AndyH
Grafter

Which exchange are you on?
Steevo
Grafter

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking to put a new phone line in at Cambridge, Glos (SSCGE).
AndyH
Grafter

Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely there will be a LLU presence at your exchange any time soon because of its size and rural location. It says Openreach are surveying your exchange for fibre access, but nothing is planned until mid 2015 at the earliest.
Steevo
Grafter

Thank you, I really appreciate that information. Sounds like LLU may never happen before fibre arrives then. Due to be fibre at 95% of homes (i think) but end of 2015 so look like I might have to hold tight for a year and see.
I really feel for all the others on the exchange as it's a high price to pay for BB compared to LLU deals. More than I could justify for what I had in mind.
Thanks again AndyH, you've really helped me out enormously with that frank and honest advice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's quite a number of small exchanges that have TalkTalk LLU but that's not shown on SamKnows.
Andrews and Arnold offer TT Wholesale if it is available. If you go to http://aa.net.uk/broadband-home1-info.html#more and scroll down there is a "What speed will I get?" and put your telephone number in it will tell you if it is available on your exchange.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

The info. on SamKnows is not only out of date,it also doesn't take account of LLU take up in the exchange. Our market 1 exchange only has Sky LLU (since TalkTalk abandoned any further expansion plans) but their equipment is actually fully utilised with no immediate plans to increase their capacity - SamKnows doesn't include this information. I picked it up direct from Sky when I was looking at alternative ISPs in June.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Perhaps we should call the site SamDoesntKnow!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

I don't think BT Retail (Infinity) charge for being in a non-low cost area - and unlimited is £8 a month on a 12 month contract (+ line rental) with an £80 Sainsbury's gift card.
It's a bit strange when I put in a number/address for your area in the Plusnet website, it doesn't come back as a non-low cost area - is this normal? When would someone know they have to pay 2x?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
I'm not too sure about availability of information (I've never really looked for it) but wouldn't the planned upgrades be published by the various LLU providers much in the same way that BT provide details of planned works and upgrades?
May well be worth using some Google-Fu to see if any of the big LLU providers have anything floating arounf in the ether  Undecided