cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange migration Blunsdon to Haydon

jennies
Grafter

Re: Is there any alternative to the MAX thingy

As I said earlier in this post an Openreach engineer came out yesterday and spent an hour fitting a shiny new socket that doesn't need a filter
James
Grafter

Ah, my apologies.
Looking further into BTs records I can't actually see any change in their profiling, which would suggest that the change that you were waiting for hasn't actuallty happened yet.
jennies
Grafter

Does that explain why it changes from 1376 after a reboot to 160 a few hours later?
James
Grafter

Not really Sad
Are you talking about results that you get from speedtests?  If so, I don't know why you would get a result that high as from what BT are telling us, you shouldn't be able to until they make profile changes.
jennies
Grafter

It's the stats from my router, it says this after a reboot
Statistics Downstream Upstream 
Line Rate 1376 Kbps 448 Kbps 
And then when you check it a few hours later (without rebooting) it says this:
Statistics Downstream Upstream 
Line Rate 160 Kbps 448 Kbps 
James
Grafter

If you're still seeing those connection speeds then you definitely still have a problem and the engineer didn't actually fix what was the cause of your slowdowns.
I've looked into your fault and it's been passed back to BT for further investigation.
jennies
Grafter

I've noticed the ticket has been escalated back to BT - with exactly the information that was available two weeks ago! Is there any way to speed this process up instead of going round in circles?
Apologies for the rant.
James
Grafter

Hi Jennies,
No, it's okay.  I'd be pretty annoyed if I were in your position.
There's not really a massive amount that we can do to get BT to speed things up, but keep an eye on your ticket and if yuou haven't had an update in the next 2-3 hours, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.
jennies
Grafter

Thank you
jennies
Grafter

There have been no updates in the ticket.
BUT I've just had a message on my mobile from BT Openreach to say that there is nothing that can be done it's the distance I am from the exchange. Please take this up with your service provider.
What do I do now? I don;t understand as I have had speeds up to almost 1.5Mb as you can see from my BT speedtests. My house hasn't moved and nor has the exchange  Huh
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just updated your ticket and tried giving you a ring, but unfortunately you weren't in.
jennies
Grafter

The Openreach muppets have arrived as a double act today and are telling me to cancel my phone line and ask for a new one so that I get put on to the new exchange, they're not going to get a cup of tea today  Cheesy
The bottom line is we had a nice steady usable rate for months and now we haven't, I'm guessing the building of around 1,000 extra houses between us and the exchange is probably the defining factor, or it could be the fog today!
Do you think applying for a new line is the best way to go now?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

If the new exchange is closer, it won't cost you anything to do it and you keep the same number (which is possible) then go for it. You may then benefit from a much faster connection.
James
Grafter

That's really quite dissapointing.  It is of course possible that the addition of the new properties will cause additional "noise" on your line thus decreasing the synchronisation speed and causing instability in your speeds.  It's also quite possible that this is the best you can get. Which, like I've said, is very dissapointing Sad
If you do have another line installed and BT will actually categorically state that it will take a different route to your exchange, then I would advise initially getting it set up as a different telephone number as this will make it easier for us to get an order placed quickly on your behalf.  You would be entitled to free signup, although if you were to leave within a year, we'd need to charge £40, as we'll have to pay this to BT to get your line activation as we would have way of claiming back this cost.
Let me know how you weant to proceed.  You've got my phone number Smiley
jennies
Grafter

Well I can see the new exchange from my bedroom window, let's see how they conclude their visit today and we'll take it from there