cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange and Fibre Question

MrC
Grafter

Exchange and Fibre Question

Hmm. Just noticed on the Openreach checker that our rural exchange (Warmwell, Dorset) has suddenly changed from "Not currently in rollout plans" to "Forecast date: By the end of 2014" without going through any of the intermediate steps. Certainly haven't seen any signs of Openreach vans or new green cabinets in any of the villages that come under this exchange.
Has anyone else had their exchange status suddenly change like this and did Openreach actually deliver by the forecast date? Or am I being a wee bit too optimistic that we'll get more than 2mb by the end of the year  Wink ?
2 REPLIES 2
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Exchange and Fibre Question

This is how it happened at my end of Dorset (east), some 2 years ago. The initial notification came about 9 months ahead & the first signs of BTOR activity about 4 months later. The first visible job was the fibre cabs being fitted; they were connected to the original cabs a few weeks later about the same time as the fibre was laid through the village. The final task was to "blow" the fibre cable through from Fordingbridge exchange, some 2 miles away. The forecast date of end Sep 2012 was met on time. They started taking orders about 2 weeks in advance of this date. I was number 2 on the list!
MrC
Grafter

Re: Exchange and Fibre Question

Thanks for that. Crossed fingers here as didn't think our exchange was going to be done until much later!